Sunday, February 23, 2014

Stockton's Eagle Court of Honor

I spent forever this morning trying to find this picture.  It is still one of my favorites.  Stockton has changed so much.  Scout camp was torture for him.  Too much singing.  Too many crowds.  Now he doesn't complain at all.  Well, maybe a little.  But when he was given the choice to go to the Klondike or his diving competition, he chose the Klondike. Wow.  I never would of thought I would live to see the day when Stockton would choose to go to scout camp!
Stockton with his head down next to a beaming Weston
Mike spent a lot of the day working on the video.  It is really great!  We are just going to show it while people are eating cupcakes, so that takes a lot of the pressure off!

Bubs and his family came, Matt and his family came, Steve and his family came, Lisa and her family came (well, just Michael.  He is the only one home now.), Scoop and Cori also came.  So many people to support Stockton!  It was awesome!
Anne Marie
The boys were each supposed to decorate a table.  That was my lowest on my priority list.  Stockton brought his hamburger carving, his useless machine and drew a comic on the way over.  Logan's mom felt bad because she brought a ton of stuff.  (Stockton and Logan were sharing a table.)  I told her not to worry.  It was awesome because it looked like Stockton brought it!  I should have gotten a picture of the entire table, but I just took a one of Stockton's comic.
 Padz, Jorja and Maysen
Logan's mom arranged for a lady to bring an eagle.  It was pretty cool. She did a great job.  This eagle is about four years old.  You can tell because his head isn't completely white.  I learned that from the eagle lady.
Jordan, Isaac, Logan, Stockton
 Stockton with the eagle and the eagle lady
 Preston
I gave the camera to Jorja.  She had it the rest of the night.  It was so cute to see her taking pictures with the giant camera.  She loved it! Some of the pictures ended up blurry, but we got a lot more pictures than we would have without her!  Thank you Porge! 
Mike, Stockton giving me the MOM pin
 Mike, Stockton, Stephanie
 Brandon and Bubs in the Eagle's Nest
 Brandon, Bubs, Mike, Matt, Steve
 Logan and Stockton taking the Eagle's oath
All four of these boys finished their Eagle at 13.  Wow.  Isaac and Stockton turned 14 in January, Jordan had his birthday on Friday and Logan will turn 14 in a few days.  Pretty impressive!
 Jordan, Isaac, Logan, Stockton
 Brandon welcoming Stockton into the Eagle's Nest
Bubs welcoming Jordan
 Brandon, Bubs, Stockton, Mike, Jordan, Matt
 Logan, Jordan, Isaac, Steve
 Isaac and Jordan talking to Nathan
 Nathan welcoming Stockton
 Logan, Isaac, Jordan, Stockton - the newest Eagles
President Beck, the General Young Men's President was the speaker. He told the boys he wanted to make an example of them.  President Back said they are thinking of putting something in the Church News. He's trying to get them to hold off a few months because three more 13 year olds are almost finished with their Eagle.  Josh, Josh and Darby.
President Beck
 Abby and Stephanie - I can't stand how cute Jorja is with the camera!
 Stockton, President Beck, Mike
 Scoop, Stockton, President Beck, Mike
 Anne Marie & Matt
 Stockton, Jordan, President Beck, Logan, Isaac
Poor Jordan was SO SICK!  I'm glad he made it, there are a couple of pictures where you can tell he really doesn't feel well.
All four boys gave President Back their mentor pin.  It was really cool! He was embarrassed, but he deserves it!  They each had one more mentor pin to give away.  Stockton and Isaac are giving theirs to Brother Masters.  He couldn't come tonight.  Jordan gave his to his dad (and the 11-year old scout leader) Brother Covington.  Logan gave his to his step-dad Brother Trost.
Brother Trost, President Back, Stockton
Jordan, and President Beck's shoulder
 Isaac
 President Beck's other shoulder, Logan, Isaac
 Stephanie
Taylor has turned in his mission papers!  Nathan was taking predictions.  We are supposed to give two.  Foreign and domestic.  I choose Alaska and New Zealand.  Maysen picked Kentucky and Argentina.  Jorja picked Taiwan and Michigan.  Michigan would be cool.  He lived there for the first part of his life.  I can't remember what anyone else picked.  Except Mike picked Kentucky.  Pretty exciting! They announced in church today that Tripp Affleck has received his mission call.  Tripp is the Senior Class President at Alta.  He was also Preston's swimming coach this summer.  He will be going to Russia. He leaves in July, one month after graduating high school.  Wow!
Nathan
 Haha!  He loved pulling faces at Jorja
I asked Bryce to come over when I was talking to Steve.  Bryce went to graduate school at UCBerkley.  That is where Spencer did his undergraduate.  Bryce said, "Stephanie, is this your dad?" Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! I said, "No!  This is Mike's brother!"  Bryce said, "I haven't seen your dad in a long time."  I guess Steve is the same age as Bryce would have known my dad when we were in high school.  That is crazy!
Steve
 Amelia
My family was walking to the car when I heard Karen (Logan's mom) calling for me.  I answered her twice, but she didn't hear me, she just kept calling after my family.  I walked up to her and said, "Yes?"  She looked confused and looked at my family who was now pretty far away. I said, "That's Maysen."  She couldn't believe it!  She was one of Maysen's Young Women leaders when Maysen was a Mia-Maid. People are funny today!  I am so glad Stockton's court of honor is over with. Everything turned out great.  I love being to hang on other people's coattails!

Matt and Sam came over for just a bit.  Matt showed us his new Dominion case, but we didn't have time to play.  How nice to have all the cards in one box!

No comments: