Sunday, February 9, 2014

Spencer

Spencer is in town.  He has been studying in China this year.  He will be in town a week and go back on Valentine's Day.  Steve and Shannon invited everyone over.  We also had a big trek fireside for the kids.  It has been on the schedule for months.  I didn't want the kids to miss it. I wasn't sure what it was going to be, but I thought they would explain a little bit about trek and what to expect.  Hopefully it would get my kids excited about trek.

Anyway, we decided to run up to Steve and Shannon's right after church.  We were able to see Spencer for awhile before everyone else came.  Preston walked right up to Spencer and whispered something in Chinese in his ear.  I think it was,"What kind of fruit do you like to eat?"  Spencer said something in Chinese and Preston laughed, "You like apples?"  Spencer then asked Preston something, which he answered and then said, "You like strawberries?"  It was so cool!  I wish I could get Jorja to talk to Spencer, but she refuses.  

I ended up leaving with Maysen and Stockton right as the Hodson's arrived.  Erica and Brandon also had a trek fireside that they had to leave for.  The fireside was disappointing.  I wish we didn't go.  Maysen said, "Now I want to go to Trek even less than I did before."  Great. That was not the reaction I was hoping for.  The fireside was disappointing because it was really long and not much information was given.  It would have been fine if we weren't missing something in order to go to it.

We got back to Steve and Shannon's right as the Hodson's were pulling out of the driveway.  Drat!  We stayed for about twenty minutes, which really annoyed Stockton.  He wanted to stay a lot longer, but Jorja and Preston were ready to go.  And it was way past bedtime.  Long day.

No comments: