Friday, February 7, 2014

Ski Day

All the kids had the day off of school today.  We decided to go skiing.  I talked to Matt last night and he was planning on going night skiing. Mike and I had an extra 5 punch card, so I asked him if he would like to come with us.  This morning when we were getting things ready, we couldn't find the extra punch card.  Well, we couldn't find Mike's.  We think it fell out of his jacket at some point.  I had to call Matt back and let him know we didn't have a ticket after all.  Embarrassing.  We told him we would pay for half of his ticket, but he decided to go night skiing instead.  It was cheaper that way.  He has to do something for one of his classes.  Too bad, Mike had only used the card once, so we lost four days of skiing.  Mike did buy me some new skis yesterday.  I don't mind renting, but Mike wanted me to have my own.  It will be nice not to pay $30 every time we go skiing.  I told the worker that I am a very scared skier, so whatever skis would help with that. 

Anyway, Mike went to work in the morning and picked up my skis on the way home.  Skiing was fun, but so cold!  We were quite frozen by the time we were done.  Maysen, Stockton, Preston and I went down the hill together.  Mike and Jorja were together.  Jorja is getting better, but she is slower then the people on skis.  I took the other kids back up the lift.  We got separated again.  Stockton had quite a big fall.  Maysen tried to stay with Preston.  I helped Stockton up and soon I couldn't find anyone.  At the bottom I found Stockton waiting, but no Maysen and Preston.  I looked everywhere I could think of.  After awhile I saw Maysen with Jorja, still no Preston.  Jorja said that Mike went to look for him.  Less then two minutes later I see Mike with Preston.  I was so relieved!  Mike said that he went around the corner and saw Preston walking up a hill carrying his skis.  Preston didn't look like anything had been wrong and just said, "Hi Dad!"  He ended up skiing to the parking lot, but said he remembered me pointing to a building and said if we get separated to meet there.  I'm so glad he remembered that!  I'm so glad I said that!

Our older kids were quite cold and ready to be done.  Not Preston.  He wanted to go down a hard hill with his dad.  I took the other kids to the car to warm them up while Preston and Mike took one more run. Preston says they went down a black diamond.  I don't think it was a black diamond the entire way, but might have been for a part.  I know they were talking about playing on the half pike thing, or whatever it is called.  He had so much fun with Mike.  I'm glad he is loving it.  I wish my other kids had been able to learn as young Preston.  Skiing once a year just doesn't cut it!

No comments: