Tuesday, February 4, 2014

New Beginnings UP

Today was our New Beginnings.  I am SO GLAD this is over!  I have been worried about this for awhile, but especially since Ashley's accident on Friday.  Jacqui and I have worked on this for awhile, but I had no idea what Jacqui would end up finishing, what she needed help with, what I should do.  I didn't want to bother her with New Beginnings questions when her daughter was fighting for her life! Talk about magnifying her calling.  Jacqui still managed to make things look amazing.  Just a little more scaled back then she planned.  We have a ton of things that we almost finished, but weren't able to finish because of the weekend chaos.  Looks like we will us them for camp and carry on the theme.  Jacqui is so amazing!  I am so lucky I get to work with her!

If you notice we have UP on the tv.  Right before we introduced the new beehives we showed the clip at the beginning of the movie.  It is when Carl is invited to join the Ellie club.  Then Becky talked to the eleven year old girls and told them how they have an opportunity to join the club of Young Womens.  She did such an amazing job.  The craziest thing is Jorja is one of the new beehives!  AHHHH!  How did this happen?  I will be getting six girls this year.  Three of them are named Olivia.  Haha.  That will be fun.
I had to give a talk and I did okay.  Although anytime I'm talking I feel like I stumble over my words.  People said I did good, but what are they supposed to say?  "Horrible job.  I couldn't wait for you to sit down." Anyway, I survived.  Jacqui made gift bags for the girls.  (I couldn't believe it!)  She had adventure journals inside and a few other UP trinkets.  My favorite was the bottle cap pin she made.  She put this years theme on it.  Many of the girls gasped when Becky pulled it out for them to see.  Adorable.
We just did ice cream sundaes for the dessert.  Worked perfect.  I'm pretty sure I will sleep well tonight!

No comments: