Thursday, February 13, 2014

Middle School Orientation

Jorja and I went to her middle school orientation today.  I can't believe she will be in middle school next year.  The sad thing is most of her friends are going to the new middle school.  When I went to the Chinese middle school meeting I talked to the district lady.  I asked her about going to the new middle school if you are not in the boundaries. She told me that they are not going to let any of the Chinese kids go to an out of boundary middle school.  That made my decision easy for me. Turns out that was not the case.  Both of Jorja's good friends, Jazzie and Olivia live in the boundaries for our middle school.  Both put their names in the lottery and both are going to the new middle school. Everyone that put their name in got accepted.  So sad!  I am really, really annoyed with that.  Not that they got in, but the fact that the district lady flat out told me that Jorja wouldn't be able to get in.  I called my friend Kim who was with me, to make sure I understood her correctly.  Kim told me, "That is exactly what she said to you, 100%." So I was not imagining things.  I don't even know if I would want Jorja to go to the other school, but I am annoyed that I did not have the opportunity to think about it.  I wouldn't be so worried if I hadn't watched how hard Maysen has struggled to find friends in middle school.  I was so happy that Jorja would go into middle school with a good group of friends.  Guess it was not to be.  At least Ashley is going to the same school.  If Ashley wasn't going, I don't know what I would do!  The sad thing is, if they are going to the new middle school, they are probably going to the new high school.  That means Jorja will never get to go to school with Jazzie and Olivia again.  That is just sad.

Mike went skiing with Steve and Spencer today.  His work let him have the day off for free!  (He didn't need to use a vacation day.)  He has a big presentation coming up and they knew he would be working a lot of extra hours on it.  His work is awesome.  He loves it and they make their employees feel really valued.  At least in Mike's group.  Mike had a ton of fun.  He hasn't been able to snowboard that fast in a long time! He said he is going to be so sore tomorrow!  On the way back they stopped by their old house.  There is a construction gate blocking the driveway.  Sad.  Steve said the new owners have spent a half million dollars just putting in sewer lines.  Wow.

No comments: