Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Eagle Awards

Stockton got his green card in the mail sometime last week.  We needed this card so that we can pick up Stockton's eagle awards and certificate. I was surprised that it was just this little postcard thing.  I'm glad I noticed it and didn't think it was junk mail!
Isaac's came in the mail today.  I took both boys cards down to the scouting office and picked up the awards.  Their court of honor will be Sunday.  President Beck, the Young Men's General President, is planning on coming.  Fancy.  When he heard that four thirteen year olds earned their Eagle, he asked if he could speak.  President Back's (the scoutmaster) daughter married President Beck's son.  I think. Which I think is funny, because then her last name would be Back-Beck.  Elder David Evans won't be able to be there.  He got sent on a last minute assignment to South America.  Elder Evans is Isaac's grandpa.  They almost had the Young Men's president and a General Authority at their court of honor.  Crazy!  My dad will be in Israel, so that is too bad.  I'm glad I don't have to plan this thing alone though!

No comments: