Saturday, February 1, 2014

Breakfast and Diving

I made it to my exercise class this morning.  I was doubtful I would make it there since I stayed up so late last night, but I did it!  My plan today was to take Ebony and Olivia to breakfast.  For the YW birthdays this year we are taking them to Kneaders for French Toast.  The plan is to have all the January birthdays go together, the February birthdays together etc.  That way the girls might have a fun outing with people they don't necessarily have contact with.  Ebony and Olivia are the only girls with February birthdays.  Both of them are turning 12 this year. Olivia couldn't go because of Ashley.  I was worried about taking Ebony by herself.  I thought she was pretty shy and I didn't know if she would feel uncomfortable if breakfast was just me.  I talked Jorja into going with me.  Jorja did not want to go.  Probably because she wasn't planning on it and I woke her up to go.  Usually she is up really early, but with the late night we had she just wasn't.  Anyway, breakfast turned out great.  I think Jorja liked it once she was there.  Ebony was not nearly as shy as I thought she was, so that was a pleasant surprise. Breakfast was delicious!

As soon as Jorja and I got home we got ready to go to Stockton's diving competition.  We just found out about it yesterday.  I really need to give his dive coach my new e-mail address.....  The entire family went to watch Stockton.  He did great!  3rd place.  His first dive was a 1 1/2 pike off the 3 meter.  He scored an 8 on it!  First time ever he has scored an 8!  Pretty awesome.  34.40 points total.  Too bad his next dive didn't go so well.  It was a straight backflip off the 3 meter.  I think he twisted a bit in the air.  He ended up with some of his lowest scores.  Only 11.05 on that dive.  Whoops.  The rest were pretty good.  Some better than others.  He had a reverse tuck off the 3 meter that scored him 25.50. The rest of his dives were off the 1 meter.  1 1/2 pike was awesome and gave him 30.60 points.  He earned 24.80 on his inward flip.  His straight backflip earned him 22.10 and his reverse tuck gave him 24.80.  His final result was 173.25.  Nice job Stockton!
Stockton
We brought all the family to Stockton's dive meet with the thought that we might go to the ice castle afterwords.  I brought gloves for everyone. The only problem was I didn't bring boots.  Mike had holes in the bottom of the shoes he was wearing, so we decided to scrap the ice for today.

No comments: