Tuesday, February 11, 2014

AP or CE

For the past few weeks Maysen and I have spent hours and hours and hours trying to figure out her schedule.  It is so confusing.  There are so many choices and we really want to make the right decisions.  Last week Maysen and I went to a meeting after school that was from 4:30 - 7:00.  It was at the Salt Lake Community College and it was long!  I am glad we went though because I learned a lot!  It would be possible for Maysen to graduate from high school with an associates degree.  Wow. It would take a lot of hard work though, and I really don't want to rush through her childhood.  She will have such a long time to be an adult!  I am really glad to know what is required for an associates degree. Anyway, Maysen likes the idea of concurrent enrollment classes better than AP classes.  The only problem is, her high school has a lot more AP choices than concurrent enrollment choices.  What I think Maysen has decided to do is to take a mixture of the two programs.  Then after high school finish up with her associates at Salt Lake Community College.  She can then decide to finish there or transfer.  When she gets closer to graduation she will have a better idea of how long it will take to get her associates.  Is it a perfect plan?  No, but I think that is what I like about it.

No comments: