Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Stockton is 14

Yep.  He got old on me.  Traitor.  I hope Stockton had a good day today. He did have to go to school, so that wasn't his favorite.  He had math today.  I had carpool today, so I brought a Little Caesars pizza with me. Stockton and Josh were able to have that for lunch.  Stockton's favorite.
Stockton ~ 14 years old
Once I dropped the boys off at their middle school I headed out to meet my friends.  It is my friend, Camee's birthday today as well.  I wasn't able to make it to lunch, but I was able to make it to the hike afterward. We went up the path to the waterfall by Mike's house.  I have never been here in the winter, so I didn't really know what to expect.  I brought some old shoes because I didn't want my new ones to get ruined.  I also had boots in the car just in case.  I ended up using my old shoes, but had absolutely no traction on them.  The path didn't look bad at the beginning, but it wasn't long before we were walking on ice! Most of my friends had little spiky things they put over their shoes. Three of us did not.

I had so much fun!  We went as fast as we could, but with the ice there were several spots I had to crawl up.  Half of the group tuned back after awhile.  Four of us went almost all the way to the waterfall.  Suzanne really wanted to get there.  We finally had to turn back in order to pick up our kids.  I was worried Maysen would need me to pick her up from school.  She mentioned she might stay after.  I did get ahold of my dad and he said he could get her if she did.  Luckily she came home on the bus.

The way down the mountain was SO ICY!  I finally just slid down the mountain like I was sledding.  (I am extremely thankful I brought my good winter gloves!)  Sledding down that mountain was so fun!  I was going so fast!  My friends couldn't believe it.  They were laughing so hard.  They said they would be scared out of their mind doing that.  I thought it was a lot safer than trying to walk down the mountain.  I did have to steer around rocks constantly, but it was really nothing.  Just so much fun.  Camee thought it was so funny because I would be talking and then all of a sudden drop and go to sledding mode like it wasn't any big deal.  She said it was the funniest thing she has seen.  Glad to make her laugh on her birthday, but I had a blast!  Makes me excited for the cabin!
Camee, Stephanie, Megan, Suzanne
 Stephanie, Camee, Suzanne, Megan
 Stephanie, Jaime, Becky, Becky
Stockton wanted a Chick-Fil-A nugget platter for dinner.  Easy enough. For his cake I made him the 'brownie cake' that he loves.  I did run out of peppermint extract, so I used peppermint oil.  (The kind you use for suckers.)  I wasn't sure how much to put in.  I guess I put too much because Stockton said it was too pepperminty.  I also couldn't find my '1' candle.  Whoops.  We let Stockton pick two numbers that added to 14.  He picked 9 and 5.
Stockton's birthday cake
 Mike let Stockton light his own cake this year.  He loved that!
Stockton and Mike
Stockton got a new computer for his birthday.  Preston also gave him a lego Toad on a bike.  He also got a Tiki Topple game.  He played this at the cousins' and really liked it, only problem was their game didn't come with an orange.  Mike sent this picture to them.
Stockton
Maysen went to Young Womens' and made an infinity scarf.  It is really cute.  I went to Young Womens' and worked on things for New Beginnings with my Beehives.  My advisor, Jacqui, is amazing!  She has so many ideas.  It is going to be so cute!  I'm very thankful I have her to work with.  If it was just left up to me it would be a disaster!  We let Stockton skip Young Mens' tonight.  He could have chosen Deacons or Teachers.  Well, the Deacons moved their activity to Wednesday to work on the Family History merit badge.  The Teachers were going to watch a basketball game that one of the youth was playing in.  We decided to let Stockton stay and enjoy his birthday at home.  I hope he loved it!  I sure do love that boy.

No comments: