Saturday, January 18, 2014

Skiing

I got up bright and early to exercise while Mike got up bright and early to prepare the tent trailer.  We no longer need the tent trailer now that we have a motorhome.  I was so happy to see it go!  I wasn't that excited about it in the first place, it is older then we are!  Mike has liked working on it though.  It will be nice to get it out of our garage.  Bye-bye!
We decided to go skiing this afternoon.  There is never an ideal time to go, but it seems like the season is almost over and we haven't even made it up there once!  Preston LOVED it again!  No surprise there. The other kids had fun.  I was so scared on my way up the first lift.  I had asked some random guy in line what kind of hill this was.  He said he thought it was green and blue.  Okay, I can handle that.  I rode up the chairlift with Maysen, Stockton and Preston.  I was so scared! There is no way the hill we were over was green or blue!  How was I going to get down?  Would they let me ride the chairlift back down?  So scared! Mike and Jorja were several people behind us.  When we got off the lift I whispered to him that I was scared.  He just said, "Don't be."  Said the guy who grew up skiing.  I had only gone skiing three times before I was married.  Mike has no idea how terrifying this is to me!  Anyway, much to my relief, the back of the mountain had a green hill.  Happy! Happy!  Happy!  I went down part of the way with Maysen, Stockton and Preston.  About half way down I switched Mike. He went down with them and I stayed with Jorja.  Jorja is on the snowboard and goes a lot slower then the other kids.
Preston
 Stockton
 Mike & Jorja
 Jorja
Mike took the kids up to Preston Peak.  Preston was so excited about that!  He was upset that Mike's phone died, he really wanted a picture up there.  Jorja loved seeing the Snurfer.  Just like at the cabin.
Jorja and I went to the beginners hill.  She fell so hard on her tailbone. Ouch!  Maysen and Preston called out to us from the chairlift.  Preston was not ready to go when the rest of us were.
Preston
 Maysen
Mike and Preston made kabobs when we got home.  Preston was so happy cooking!  Man, he was so happy all day long.  I love it when that happens!
Preston

No comments: