Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Sick Stockton

Stockton did not feel well today.  Right before school he fell back asleep in my bed.  I didn't wake him.  He woke up around 8:50.  He was so mad!  He claimed he was just waiting for me to take him.  Stockton does not like school, but he hates missing it more.  He can't stand to do the make-up work.  I had given him an advil in the morning and he didn't feel as hot, so I let him go.  He checked in the last bit of his first period class, English.  It wasn't too bad and I'm glad he got a little bit of a rest.

After school he still wasn't back to 100%, but he managed to deliver his birthday invitations with me. Isaac and Logan invited him to play basketball, but I wouldn't let him.  Too bad.  I would have loved for him to get out with the neighborhood kids.  Just not when he is feeling so yucky.  He got a little rest before he headed out to D.I. with Mike.  They wanted to donate the rest of the toys that were dropped off for his Eagle project.  Stockton's board of review is tomorrow, so we wanted to make sure this was done.

Maysen and I went to a meeting at her high school.  It talked about different A.P. classes and concurrent enrollment.  Maysen is not excited about her choices for English next year.  They do not offer Honors English.  It is AP English or nothing.  When she heard the AP teacher talking about the class she decided she did not want to take it. It is everything she hates about English, so why would she want to take it?  BYU is also accepting less and less AP credits.  So many decisions.  I am very glad we went to the meeting though.  I learned things about math for both Maysen and Stockton that I wasn't aware of.  Good to know the choices out there.  I have signed Maysen and I up for a meeting in a few weeks about concurrent enrollment.  It will be long, but better to understand everything before we need to make any commitments.

No comments: