Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Orientation

Stockton and I went to his high school orientation tonight.  Weird. Stockton was not impressed.  We did see his cousin Michael there. Michael tried to talk Stockton into joining the choir.  Not going to happen.  That conversation reminded me of something that happened at the beginning of the school year.  I'm not sure if I ever wrote about it, but I might have.  Anyway, on the first day of school Stockton was in class.  The choir teacher asked if he could take Stockton out of class for a bit and talk to him.  He tried to convince Stockton to join choir. Stockton told him he would think about it, even though he had no intention of thinking about it.  Pretty awesome that a teacher would want Stockton in his class enough to seek him out.  I was okay with Stockton not doing choir.  Instead he has a peer tutoring class.  He works with disabled kids and helps them.  He really enjoys it, and I love it.

No comments: