Thursday, January 9, 2014

Mario Party

I kept Preston home from school today.  He was not sick AT ALL!  But, he threw-up too many times yesterday for me to feel comfortable sending him.  Especially on the bus.  Yikes!  Anyway, we had a great day today.  We played Mario Party for four hours.  Preston said it was only eighteen minutes.  We played a 50 turn game.  It took for-ev-er! At least it was fun.  Preston would jump up and around, it was stinking cute.  We also played a game of Dominion.  He CREAMED me.  It wasn't even close and I was trying to win.  He was pretty proud of himself.

I went to a meeting about Jorja's Chinese in middle school.  Our elementary school sends the kids to two different middle schools.  (A new middle school was built last year and caused this problem.)  I have been worried about what to do.  Jorja's close friends are going to the different middle school.  They will also be going to the different high school.  Depressing.  I have been debating with myself if I should try to send Jorja to the other school.  I found out today that they will not accept transfers.  I'm sure that is disappointing to many parents, but it was a relief to me.  I wasn't feeling good about sending her to our non-neighborhood school, now I don't have to decide.

This is what I learned about the schedule she will have.  There will be six periods during the day.  Math, Reading/Writing, Science will all be in English.  Jorja will have a World Civilization class in Chinese and a Language Arts class in Chinese (Chinese 2).  She will also have a Chinese Humanities class on A days and a directed elective like PE on B days.  Or visa versa.  It will be interesting to see how this transition to middle school works.  I hope she loves it!

I came home from the Chinese meeting and Jorja showed me several bracelets she had made out of rubber bands.  Cathy had given her a Rainbow Loom kit.  Jorja really likes it.

No comments: