Sunday, January 19, 2014

It's Great to be Eight

Preston had his 'It's Great to be Eight' baptism introduction.  Wow!  He is turning eight this year!  The kids in his class had a little musical number they had prepared.  They played the chimes during the chorus of When I am Baptized.  I was the only one in our family who came to the meeting with Preston.  He really wanted me to record the song for Mike to see.  I have run out of room on my phone, but I tried to get what I could.  Luckily it recorded exactly the chorus before it shut off. They played a bit longer, but this worked just fine.
We hurried home after the meeting.  The rest of the family was waiting for us in the motorhome.  Mike drove the kids over to Steve and Shannon's in it.  I drove myself because I wanted to leave early.  I'm planning on getting up at 4:30 to exercise.  Mike wanted me to just fall asleep in the motorhome and he would drive me home.  I didn't go for it.

The kids had great fun riding with Mike.  They did learn a few things.  Like they shouldn't leave a candy bowl on the counter.  The bowl went flying the first hill they went down.  They loved riding in it though.

We had a lot of fun playing games at Steve and Shannon's.  Lisa, Taylor, Michael, Aimee, Jessica and Nova were there also.  It was kind of a thrown together/last minute thing, but it sure turned out great. Maysen and I went home around 9:45.  Mike ended up sleeping in the motorhome with Stockton, Jorja, Preston, Brandon, Jacob and Weston. Sounds like they had a great time.

No comments: