Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Hawaii....Maybe?

So.  We have been wanting to go to Hawaii with Brett & Rachel since before they moved to Japan.  They mentioned one time that when people move back, sometimes they can stop in Hawaii.  I kept pestering them and pestering them about it.  I have never been to Hawaii and thought it would be so fun to meet them there.  Rachel told me that there was a chance we could stay at the Air Force hotel thingy with them, which would be a lot cheaper then staying anywhere else.  It looked like they could have a few others stay with them.  I kept begging and begging to let us go with them.  Sounded so fun!  At Christmas time I asked Brett about it.  He said that they were thinking about skipping Hawaii.  They are anxious to get to Virginia, find a place to live and buy two cars.  Lots to do.  I talked to them again about it once Brett got back to Japan.  Brett said he was going to find out all the details.  Well, turns out that if he doesn't stop in Hawaii, he will have to pay $2,000 more.  Weird.  Great for us though!  The day to reserve the hotel was a few days later.  Rachel stayed up until 4 in the morning to get one for both of us.  That's dedication!  We were so excited.  That is until we found out that the same time we are planning on being in Hawaii is the same exact time that Skye is being baptized and Mike's new baby is being blessed.  Not only is it the same time, but it is in the middle of the trip.  Seriously, the only time in the entire year that we won't be able to be there is the day they picked.  What rotten luck. Brett & Rachel can't change their time.  I want to be at both places. Same thing happened with Anne's blessing last year.  The only Sunday we couldn't make it was the one she was blessed on.  Crazy.

Preston was sick today.  It was weird.  He was fine when I sent him to school.  I volunteered in his class - totally fine.  At 3:35 I got this text message. "Presten is sick".  Preston usually gets home at 3:40.  I had no idea who sent the message or where Preston was.  I wrote back, "Is he on the bus?"  "He is walking home" was the reply.  I threw on my boots and ran out the door to find him.  He was walking home with Jorja. Jorja said he threw-up everywhere.  On the bus.  Lots and lots.  Oh boy. He has been getting car sick a lot lately, so I assumed that is what happened.  I think Miles was sending me the messages.  The last one said, "Ok I think he tired."  Cute.  Anyway, Preston was acting fine and happy.  I texted my dad and let him know.  Max was planning on coming over.  They came anyway.  Preston kept his distance.  After Max had been over for awhile, Preston got sick again.  He kept running to the toilet to throw-up.  Over and over.  My dad had told the kids on Sunday that he would make them milkshakes when he came today. They were really excited about it.  We let Preston have one, even though we knew it was a bad idea.  It was a bad idea.  Oh man!  Right before Mike left for his Elders Quorum meeting Preston ran out of my room.  As soon as he was in the hall he threw-up everywhere!  All over the floor, all over the walls, all over the toilet.  It was a mess!  I got him right in the tub.  Mike cleaned up the floors (thank goodness!)  I then scrubbed the walls.  Oh boy.  We have him sleeping in the guest room right now.  No way am I having him in the basement on the top bunk! That is asking for disaster!

No comments: