Saturday, January 11, 2014

Happy Early Birthday

So, Mike bought a motorhome today.  Hope we love it.  Okay, let's backup.....I'll start at the beginning of the day.  First, I got up super early to start my horribly hard exercise class.  It wasn't too bad today. The actual exercising part only lasted 45 minutes because they wanted you to weigh in, etc.  I came back and Mike was still asleep!  In his defense, it was only eight o'clock.  Must be hard being a night person living with a family of morning people.  Stockton and I went over to Becky's house for the youth planning meeting.  We had to plan all of the combined activities for the entire year.  I put myself in charge of Amazing Race again.  I'm a glutton for punishment.  I'm also in charge of a service scavenger hunt.  I might change that to a mini MTC Training activity.  We'll see when it gets closer.  I sent Stockton home and stayed with the rest of the YW presidency to plan what combined lessons we will teach this year.  I'm scheduled to teach February's lesson.  Becky texted me later today because the missionaries want to teach that lesson.  Haha!  Not even one day went by before are schedule gets messed up.  It will actually be nice for the missionaries to teach that lesson.  I'm in charge of New Beginnings two days later.  I'm pretty stressed about it already.  I hate planning parties.  Especially parties with a theme.  Good thing Jacqui is awesome!

After that meeting was over, I hurried down to my dad's church.  They were having a teacher training meeting that he was in charge of.  Too bad it was at the same time as my meeting, because I would have loved to have gone.  Actually I told my dad I could go before Becky sent me a reminder text about this meeting.  Glad she did.  I would have totally forgotten!  My dad only got 45 minutes of sleep last night preparing for this meeting.  I bet he is glad it is over with!  I heard many people come up to him and tell him what a good meeting it was and how it was very worthwhile.

While I was at my meetings, Mike took Jorja to Dallin's house.  Jazzie was also going to be there.  About two hours later Mike sent Dallin's dad a text saying we would pick up Jorja around 1:00.  He texted back, "Jorja wants to know if you could pick her up about 1:30...or 2:00...or 6:00"  Haha!  Guess she was having fun.  When we picked her up they were busy playing with Dallin's rats.  Which made Jorja want a rat.  I told her rats eat frogs.  She didn't buy it.

Once we had Jorja, we headed down to buy Mike's birthday present. We also took Preston with us.  He was so excited to see the motorhome. Maysen and Stockton decided they could wait.  Mike picked out a Leprechaun bunkhouse model.  It can actually sleep nine (tightly) and it has nine seat belts.  That way we can fit our family easily, and also take my dad to be our tour guide on a church history trip!  My dad's pretty excited about this present as well.  Almost as excited as Preston.
Preston
 Preston calls this area Fort Preston
Mike decided on the bunkhouse model because when we are just with our family we won't even have to put down the table or the couch to get the extra beds.  That will be really nice.  Jorja loved the top bunk.  Each of the bunks have their own TV.  Crazy.  There are more TVs on the motorhome then in our house! 
Jorja
The bottom bunk is actually just inches above the ground.  I thought it would be really weird, but when I tried it out I loved it.
Jorja
I think it will be fun to visit New Mexico, Oregon and Virginia!  Mike is excited to go fishing.  We are both hoping that the motorhome doesn't scrape when it goes up the hill of our driveway.  We have an RV parking pad in our backyard, what if it can't make it.  That will be disappointing.  And weird.  We will find out next week when we get to bring it home.
Stephanie
The rest of the day was spent dismantling Mike's office.  He is losing it. We are going to turn it into a laundry room/mud room.  Kind of strange to have the laundry room in the front of the house, but that is what made the most sense.  Mike's office does look awesome right now. Too bad.  We are going to reuse the cabinets for the kids computers.  I love that he was able to get these from his old house.  Hopefully they will look just as amazing in the other room.

No comments: