Friday, January 24, 2014

Busy, Busy, Busy

Man, today was crazy busy!  As soon as I dropped Stockton off at school (he had late start) I stopped by Sheels.  I wanted to pick up some warmer socks for him and a better camping pad.  I'm a little nervous sending him to the Klondike today.  He was pretty sick yesterday. Sending him on this freezing cold camp seems like a bad idea, but he wants to go.  I ended up picking up skiing/snowboarding socks for all the kids.  I then went straight to the high school to check Maysen out for a doctors appointment.  We had lunch at Iceburg.  I dropped her off, ran to the store to get a few things for Jorja and Preston's ski lunch, back to the school to pick up Stockton and Josh.  I totally forgot that the classes at the middle school start at a different time because of late start.  Oh man!  I wasn't sure what to do, so I took Stockton and Josh home while I frantically made Jorja and Preston lunch.  I got them back to school a few minutes late.  Stockton said it wasn't too bad and his teacher didn't really notice.  (Stockton and Josh are always late for PE, except on Friday.  I'm sure the teacher is use to them coming in late so it wasn't a big deal.  Really it was only five minutes, I just hate making them late!)  Once Stockton and Josh were back at school I went up to the elementary school to help Jorja and Preston with their ski/snowboarding gear.  I ran home to grab a few things and headed out the door to wait for Stockton.  He is supposed to be at his leader's house at 3:30.  That is the exact time he gets home from school.  I thought if I could pick him up at 3:00, we would have just a little bit of extra time.  I told Josh I would pick him up as well.  He asked if I could give rides home to some of the other boys.  No problem.  Except there was a tiny problem.  Stockton gets out earlier then the other kids.  His teacher lets him out at the 6th/7th grade bell, which is five minutes earlier.  So, I had Stockton but I needed to wait.  Didn't think of that.  It took almost ten minutes for the other kids to get there.  Josh H. Josh Y. and Jordan.  I also forgot to calculate the extra time in dropping the kids off at their homes.  So, by the time Stockton and I got home it was 3:30.  Oh well.  We hurried and were able to get over there by 3:45. Boys were still arriving, so it was no big deal.  I hope he is warm tonight and has fun!

Maysen and I played a game of Ticket to Ride before I had to go back to the elementary school to pick up Jorja and Preston from the ski bus. Preston has loved ski school.  Jorja has not.  I signed her up for the yellow group.  I wasn't sure what group to pick.  She was placed in the blue group.  She was so scared!  They would go down the hills so fast.  She wanted to go down the same hills, but not as fast.  They moved her down to the red group.  That group was so slow!  There were several red (beginning) groups.  This was the beginning of the beginning groups.  Most days they would only go down the little kid hill once.  She was so bored!  Not even worth all the trouble to get on the mountain.  I wish I could have remembered what the colors meant so I could have understood what was happening to her.  Oh well.  I am glad that Preston loved it.  I am also glad that Jorja was here for Preston's first year, even though she didn't have the greatest time.  Preston felt more comfortable on the bus with Jorja.  I felt more comfortable having Preston on the bus because of Jorja.

What a day!  I hope Stockton is warm.  I just realized that I didn't show up to teach Preston's computer class.  Why am I so forgetful?  Luckily I told the other parent volunteer that I had a doctor appointment and would need to leave early.  I was supposed to be at the school when I was at Sheels. I am glad to send Stockton up with warm socks.  Jorja loved, loved, loved her new socks.  They were official snowboarding socks.  She said they were so warm and cozy.  At least that was good!

No comments: