Friday, January 17, 2014

April

My dad came up this afternoon to look at Mike's birthday present.  He said he would come back later for a real tour.  He then came with me to the school to help the kids get on their ski stuff.  Mike set up an appointment with April for 2:00.  April is a cabinet person and is helping to design our kitchen.  Mike was unable to make it, so I needed to be there.  I got the kids dressed and ready and my dad helped them get on the bus.  I'm sure they would have been fine without him, but I felt a lot better knowing he was there.

April came over and blew my mind.  She wants to flip our kitchen so all the appliances are where our table is right now.  I don't know how I feel about that.  I actually really like how our eating area is set up. Especially with the cabinets from Mike's house.  I don't know if there would be a place for them if we did it April's way.  I really, really, really wish Mike was there for that meeting!  Good thing I didn't have to make any decisions.  April is going to work on a few different designs and show us what she comes up with in a few weeks.

I went to the school about twenty minutes early with a book to read. The buses were already there when I arrived!  Glad I came early.  Jorja hasn't had the best experience.  She was too nervous in the blue group, so they moved her down to red.  She doesn't like the red group because they go way too slow.  She was only able to go down Chickadee (the beginner hill) once.  That's not even worth all the hassle!  They have several red groups, she was really hoping to be in the same group as her friend Dallin.  They go down the bigger hills, but not as fast as they went down in the blue group.

Preston on the other hand has loved it!  I asked him if he liked skiing today.  He says as serious as he can, "No mom.  I LOVED it!"  So funny! I wish our other kids could have started this young.  Skiing once a year just doesn't cut it!  Glad Preston gets to experience this though. Especially since he enjoys it so much.

No comments: