Friday, January 31, 2014

After Hours at Airborne

We celebrated Chinese New Year today.  Jorja and Preston were so excited!  I volunteered at the school to help with their celebrations.  I was at the calligraphy station.  It was interesting.  Actually it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.  The girls running the show were very organized and made things pretty easy for us.  The entire school came through, so it was quite the day!

Jorja and Preston worked on a dragon dance to show us.  It was so cute!  They had recorded themselves playing drums (pounding on blocks), then they did a dance to it.  I loved it!
Jorja and Preston
Stockton had his birthday party today.  We rented the trampoline arena after it closed.  We were able to bring thirty people.  It was so much fun!  Stockton invited all of the deacons and several teachers (the ones close to his age).  He also had some of his cousins come.  He didn't want to invite any friends from school.  We were able to jump from 11:00 - midnight.  Being so late was half the fun.  I was a little worried because I usually am asleep by 9:30.  That is when the party started! We had the boys come to our house for cake first.  No need wasting any precious jumping time!  Stockton wanted his traditional chocolate overload cake from Cold Stone.  He also asked me to make a gluten free cake.  Two of his friends can't have gluten.  I love that he made sure they didn't feel left out.
Stockton's cakes
 Jorja, Johnny, Mike, Stockton
 So many people!  I'm not even going to try to label this one.
My dad brought his van.  Steve and Shannon each brought a car.  Mike and I had a car.  We were able to drive everyone down there and take them home.  I didn't want the parents to have to come at midnight to pick up their kids.  I was so thankful that Steve, Shannon and my dad were able to help me out.

It was crazy having the place to ourselves.  There were a few workers around, cleaning up the place.  Stockton did decide he didn't like the obstacle course.  There is always a giant line for this.  It isn't that fun, and almost impossible for shorter people.  Nice to find out here instead of after you waisted most of your time.  Isaac was dancing around a pole on the obstacle course.  Then a worker came over the intercom and commented on his dancing.  So funny!  Although that made Isaac and Logan spend way too much time dancing with the pole!

The trampolines in the older kid area are so much fun!  You can jump so high!  Jaxson was crazy on it.  He can flip so many times.  So fun to watch!  Steve and Shannon spent most of the time doing back flips off these tramps into the pit.  As we were about to leave Shannon went to show me.  She judged it wrong and ended up hitting her shin on the edge of the trampoline.  Ouch!  It looked like it really hurt.

I didn't spend too long on the bouncy trampolines.  Preston was too small to jump on it.  We went and played in the other room with him. Soon Stockton came and we ended up having a really fun dodge ball game with lots of people.  Just such a fun, fun time!

Neither Mike or I took any pictures while we were there.  I wish I would have gotten a picture of all the boys.  Oh well.  I'll try to remember who came.  Feel free to skip this part, I just want it written down.  Our family, Steve, Shannon, Erica, Brandon, Weston (Jacob was on the Klondike), my dad, Isaac, Logan, Jordan, Jaxson, Johnny, Bridger, Noah, Noah, Josh, Josh, Josh, Ian, James, and Michael.

Right before I got into bed I noticed a text that Jacqui sent me about midnight.  It said, "We are in the hospital with Ashley.  She drove a snowmobile into a deck going prob 30 mph. WITHOUT A HELMET. She was with a friends family.  Brain 100% good.  Broken bones in face.  So we need to reschedule breakfast.  Thanks for your prayers.

I had planned on taking Olivia to breakfast.  She will become one of my beehives in February.  I was sick all night worrying about Ashley.  So scary!

No comments: