Friday, December 20, 2013

We're Off

Because this month has been so crazy, I didn't even get a chance to pack for our vacation until this morning.  I left my house in a giant disaster.  Hope the plane doesn't crash, that would be quite embarrassing.  I remember our last trip.  We left our house spotless.  I thought, "If our plane crashes, it would be okay.  We would all be together and my house is clean."  Haha.  Anyway, we managed to pull everything off except for one thing.  We could not find Stockton's 3DS. I looked and looked and looked.  Stockton LOVES trying to get street passes from different places.  He has planned this trip and that is one of the things he was looking forward to.  We just couldn't find it.  I picked up the other kids before lunch and asked them to look.  No luck. Our plan was to pick up Stockton from math and be right on our way. Instead I hurried and brought him home.  I gave him a few minutes to frantically look, but he had no luck either.  He was good about it, but I know he was really disappointed.

We met Brett at my dad's house.  He took us to the airport.  It was nice to see him a little bit longer, even if it was only in the car.  We had an uneventful trip to Fort Lauderdale, Florida.  That is the best kind of trip to have.  Mike sat with Jorja and Preston on the way there.  I sat with Maysen and Stockton right behind them.
Preston
 Waiting for our luggage
Maysen, Preston, Stockton, Jorja
We had a transfer take us to an Embassy Suites hotel in Miami.  We got there about one in the morning.  I had booked a room that would sleep six.  When they got there, they didn't have any available.  I'm not sure how that happens.  I told them we would be getting in around midnight.  Whatever.  At this point, we just wanted to find somewhere safe to sleep.  So, Maysen and Stockton slept in the pull out bed.  Mike, Jorja and Preston slept in the King bed and I slept on the cot. Originally they told us they didn't have a cot.  I asked if they could bring us blankets because someone was going to have to sleep on the floor.  They brought us a cot, so that was nice.  They gave us a passcode to use the Internet for free and two vouchers to watch movies for our inconvenience.  I would have rather had the correct room though.

No comments: