Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Submarine in Cozumel

I was up early and decided to use the treadmill.  I picked a spot and read my book.  I had the incline all the way up and the speed at about 3 miles an hour.  It was perfect.  After awhile, I noticed I could see the Bridge.  We were in the process of docking at Cozumel.  I was able to watch the Captain dock the boat.  It was really cool.  I probably had the best view in the house!

Today was spent in Cozumel, obviously.  Well, we spent most of the time on the ship and a bit of time on land.  We picked a short excursion.  We decided to go on a submarine.  It was cool to do once, but I don’t think I would do it again.  I was hoping we would see the fish closer.  We did get to 109 feet below the surface.  Kind of fun.  My favorite was seeing the shipwreck and the scuba divers at that sight.  Stockton and Preston had the most fun watching the numbers showing our depth.
 Preston in a submarine!
 100 Feet
 Preston!
 Preston, Mike and Jorja, but mostly the depth number
 Stockton, Mike, Jorja, Preston, Maysen
We got back on the ship, ate lunch and then went swimming!  It was perfect.  Most of the people were on land, so the crowds were gone.  We went on the Aqua Dunk so many times!  I loved it!  It is much more fun when there is not a giant line to wait in!  The pool was really warm.  Warmer than we keep our pool!  We hung out in the pool and hot tub while we watched Monsters Inc.  My favorite was definitely the Aqua Dunk.  So fun!
Red Eyed Jorja
 Jorja
Preston wanted to go and meet Mickey Mouse.  I was so excited!  My other kids were not interested in ever doing that.  Gotta love the magic of a child!  We had so much fun.  Preston really, really, really wanted to play rock, paper, scissors with Mickey for some random reason.
Preston with Mickey Mouse
 Mickey Mouse with Preston and Stephanie
 Preston won!  Preston went scissors and Mickey went paper.
 Preston was BEAMING after rock, paper, scissors.  Pure joy!
 Beautiful decorations on a beautiful ship
 Preston and Goofy
 I was so excited to see Goofy!
Preston, Goofy and Stephanie
Goofy is pretty goofy.
Not sure what pose Preston is doing....
Tonight we got to eat at Animators Palate.  That restaurant is a lot of fun.  We loved watching the different drawings on the walls.  We would try to be the first to guess what character was being drawn when the sketch would start.  Mickey also came dancing around to restaurant. Fun!
Jorja and Preston
 Stockton and Maysen
The show for tonight was Frozen!  I have been excited to see this movie, but tried to hold off until this trip.  We got to watch it in 3D as well.  I loved it.  The boat was a little rocky during the movie, but I only noticed it a few times.

When the movie ended we headed back to our room.  Everything seemed pretty rocky now.  Mike and I had gotten sea sickness patches for everyone, and left them home.  Genius.  I really wished we had them for this evening.  Jorja seemed to be feeling it the most.  Everyone fell asleep in different beds.  Mike ended up having to sort everyone out.  I fell asleep with Stockton in the other room.  Once everything was sorted out, Mike and I laid out Christmas stockings and then stumbled into bed.
Christmas Frog
 Jorja loved it!

No comments: