Monday, December 23, 2013

Portholes and Pirates

I woke up early this morning.  Actually I woke up several times.  I finally got out of bed at 6:00 and went to exercise.  I worked out for about an hour and got back to my room about 7:30.  Everyone was zonked.  I read for awhile.  A long while.  Two hours later everyone finally woke up.  Weird.  The kids are usually up really early . . . not today.  Breakfast was delicious, especially the Mickey waffles.  Yummy!

Next on the agenda was swimming!  I really wanted to ride the Aqua Dunk.  Preston was too short.  Preston and I waited at the bottom while everyone else waited in line.  After awhile, we went up the line to see how close they were.  They were almost up.  I ended up staying and meeting Preston at the bottom.  It was so cool!  You stand in this tube and they close you in.  Then you hear the duck nephews counting down.  That is kind of freaky.  When they get to zero, the floor opens up and you fall down the waterslide.  You go pretty fast.  The waterslide goes ten feet over the edge of the boat.  I was hoping to see the ocean during that part, but the slide isn’t transparent there.  It was really fun anyway.  I was so proud of Jorja!  I knew she would be scared, but she handled it like a champ!

The kids then played in the splash pad with Preston for awhile.  They had a lot of fun filling up the buckets then spinning the buckets so the water would fly.  Hard to explain, but they loved it.

I love the portholes on the disney ship.  They are so fun to sit in and watch the ocean.  I am a terrible photographer and have no idea how to use my camera, so the pictures didn't turn out great.  They are still fun though.  One day I should learn because I know many people who could have made these pictures awesome!
Preston
 Jorja
 Stockton
 Maysen
 Jorja & Preston
 Preston and Maysen
When I finally get a picture that isn't completely in shadows, it looks like this.  Come on Stockton!  Work with me!
Stockton and Preston
 Stockton and Maysen
 Stockton and Stephanie
 Maysen, Jorja, Stockton, Preston
We went on a Disney cruise with Mike's family when Maysen was 1.  It was so much fun!  It was this exact ship, minus the Aqua Dunk.  One of our best memories is doing a Vegetable Car Race.  Mike, Steve and Spencer made a car out of the vegetables provided.  They won first place!  Mike was really excited to see that they are still doing the vegetable race.  We ended up dividing into two teams.  Poor Stockton and Maysen got stuck with me.  I had no idea what I was doing.  Our car got knocked out in the first round.  Mike, Jorja and Preston's car made it to the semi-finals.  So close!
Preston & Jorja  
 Stockton
 Preston & Mike - I love how Preston is looking at his dad
 Preston, Jorja, Mike
 Jorja and Mike discussing strategy
 Jorja, Maysen, Mike
 Jorja
Silly Porge
 Silly Silly Porge!
Tonight was pirate night!  All the kids dressed up in their pirate costumes.  They looked super cute.  I dressed up in my mermaid costume.  I wanted to find a skin color shirt to go under the costume, but I ran out of time.  I had something, but it wasn’t perfect.  It looked kind of silly.  Oh well.  I tried to keep the curls of my blue wig in front, then it looked a little better.

It was pretty fun dressing up.  There were a lot of little girls that would gasp, “A mermaid!” when I walked by.  Funny.  I bought some high heels so the costume wouldn’t drag as much.  First thing I did was trip and rip my costume.  Oh well.  I took off my heels after dinner and it was much easier to walk in.  Mike dressed up as Captain Hook.  Tons of kids would call out “Captain Hook!” as he walked by.  Awesome.  I made the kids wait to get a picture with Pirate Minnie.  They were thrilled.  They really liked the villain show though.  Especially the girls.  Well, I know Jorja loved it, I assume Maysen did as well.
Preston
 Stephanie and Jorja
 Maysen and Stockton
Stephanie - I had no patience to figure out how to get the wig to look right.
 Stephanie and Jorja
 Stockton, Minnie & Preston, Maysen, Jorja
 Mike, Stockton, Minnie, Stephanie, Maysen
Preston, Jorja
There was a pirate dance party tonight.  I knew there would be fireworks afterwords and I thought that would be pretty cool.  We got up to the ninth floor and instantly lost Stockton.  He has no concept of making sure we know where he is.  As a result I spent the first half hour looking for him.  I finally found him by the ice cream machine.  The kids were not impressed with the dance party.  Mike and I tried to embarrass them as much as we could.  They were not amused.  Stockton and Maysen pretty much begged to go back to the room.  I told them fireworks were coming.  They didn’t care.  I finally said they could go back if they promised not to be grumpy the rest of the trip.  Maysen immediately promised and was on her way.  Stockton refused to promise.  Whatever.  I thought the fireworks were pretty fun.  I mean, we are in the middle of the ocean and are able to watch fireworks!  How cool is that?

Next was a pirate buffet.  I really wished I had a camera for this.  That is the problem with costumes without pockets.  The picture I wanted to get was Jorja in her pirate costume eating a gigantic turkey leg.  It was so funny!  Stockton didn’t enjoy the buffet at all.  He kept asking to go back to the room.  I kept saying, “If you promise not to be grumpy the rest of the trip.”  No dice.  He was not willing to promise that because apparently, “Everything I do you think is grumpy.”  Suit yourself.

No comments: