Saturday, December 21, 2013

Lazy Day

We decided to just take it easy today.  We got here really early because we didn't want to miss our boat.  Stockton picked a Disney cruise to go on for his 14 year old vacation.  We didn't want to go on a cruise without the rest of the kids.  I was also turning 40 over Christmas break, so we decided to combine everything into one.  When Mike and I went on a cruise for our honeymoon we went over Christmas.  There was a huge snowstorm and one of the hubs shut down.  Our flight was cancelled.  We waited in a two hour line at the airport.  The lady yelled at us and said, "You shouldn't fly at Christmas!"  She ended up sending us to some random city and told us we had a connecting flight there. We didn't.  She just sent us to a city to get us out of her hair.  Luckily we were able to get on the standby list and made it to Florida before our boat took off.  Our luggage didn't make it though.  It caught up to us two days later in Puerto Rico.  We had formal night on Christmas night.  Mike and I went in our sweats.  It was pretty comfortable. Anyway, I was worried that would happen again, so we went super early.  It was really nice to have a lazy day before we get into 'hurry have fun' mode.

We were supposed to be able to get our correct room today.  We went down there around noon and they said the room still wasn't ready for us, but they would call us when it was.  I told them I didn't want to just wait around all day, we wanted to go do something.  Mike found another roll away cot in the hallway and put it in our room.  We told them we would just stay.  This time Jorja and Preston slept on the cot, Maysen and Stockton in the pull out bed and Mike and I in the king bed.  Worked out just fine.  Kind of annoying that they didn't have the room I reserved.  I don't get it.
Maysen & Stockton
 Maysen
 Stockton
 Preston
Mike and I went to the mall.  The kids did not want to go shopping with us.  They stayed in the room and watched TV and played the computer. It was nice because we were able to get some last minute things.  I was excited when I saw a croc store.  Jorja's feet have gotten so big!  We were able to get some new shoes for her.  She will be much more comfortable.  Mike and I also saw Pikachu.  We waited in line to get a picture.  Couldn't wait to show the girls!
Stephanie, Pikachu, Mike
We all climbed into the big bed and watched some movies.  We saw Elf for the first time.  I really liked it.  Now I will be able to understand my Beehives jokes.  They talk about that movie all the time!

No comments: