Monday, December 2, 2013

Girls Room Day 22

I brought the gingerbread houses to the Festival of Trees today.  All 13 of them.  There are some really cool gingerbread creations.  I took a picture of two of them.
Sugar Rush
 This one was HUGE when it was finished!
Our plan for tonight was to put up the Christmas tree.  Although when we realized it is supposed to snow tomorrow, we changed the plan. Instead we put away the pool furniture.  Needed to be done, but the kids were disappointed that we weren't decorating today.

That turned out to be a very good thing.  We have no storage space in our house.  One of the many things I miss about my Georgia house! Our Christmas paraphernalia is stored up in the attic.  We have a rickety ladder that you pull down from the ceiling.  I was nervous that the ladder would collapse on Mike.  What I was not nervous about is the possibility of the entire ladder structure thingy collapsing while Mike was on it!  Mike felt himself falling and was able to grab the sides as his legs dangled from the ceiling.  I am so glad the kids were in bed! If Preston had been standing underneath it - I don't even want to think about how horrible this could have been.
Mike trapped in the ceiling.
 Ladder carnage.
When we checked on the kids before bed I couldn't find Preston.  Then I heard him breathing.  He had climbed in Jorja's bed.  I love how much he loves her.
Jorja and Preston in the top bunk
Chelsea came into town today!  Perfect timing since the snow storm is supposed to start tomorrow.  She is planning on staying until she finishes.  Exciting!  It is looking so good!  Jorja has three new frogs and she is completely thrilled about it!
 This one is Jorja's favorite.
 Jorja's wall.  Beautiful!

No comments: