Sunday, December 1, 2013

Extra Help

I was scheduled to teach today.  I was teaching all of the Young Women.  I kept thinking I would have time to plan my lesson.  I thought about my lesson a lot, but I never seemed to have time to sit down and plan it out.  I did gingerbread houses with the Young Women, then Thanksgiving came.  My brother and his family were here from Oregon, Thanksgiving again with my family.  I was really nervous last night before bed.  I thought I would get up early today to work on it.  I was able to work on it for a bit, but then I ran down to my dad's house so I could see John and Cassie before they left.  I thought, well....I still have Sunday School.  I went to the Young Women room and started working through my lesson again.  I was there for about five minutes when the partition opened a bit.  I could see Josh.  For some reason I asked him, "Do you have a teacher in there?"  He told me he was teaching.  Oh boy.  This is Stockton's class.  I picked up my stuff and told Josh I would love to listen to his lesson.  He told me it was really short.  I assured him that I wouldn't mind.  So, after Josh finished his lesson, I taught the boys for a bit.  Long story short, I was so nervous for my lesson today!

During opening exercises I kept silently praying for Heavenly Father to help me.  I didn't have full confidence that I would receive this help, because I wasn't prepared enough to deserve the help.  Luckily Heavenly Father decided to help me anyway.  The lesson was titled "What does it mean to stand as a witness to God?"  We talked a lot about making correct choices even when it is uncomfortable to do so. The girls shared different experiences they have had and how they reacted.  The lesson went great.  I am so thankful for all the help my Heavenly Father gives me.  He makes me so much better than I am.  

No comments: