Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Christmas in the Caribbean

MERRY CHRISTMAS!  Mike and I didn’t give Christmas presents this year.  The kids are enjoying their present right this minute.  Santa did put a gift in the stockings.  Mike and I got a DS.  It is really silver and has Mario and Luigi inscribed on it.  Santa left a note that Stockton could play this DS and try to get street passes.  The one thing we couldn’t find before we left was Stockton’s DS.  We looked everywhere for it.  His loved getting street passes on our last trip.  Mike was pretty happy with this arrangement.

Anyway, each of the kids had a new DS game in their stockings.  That was really nice of Santa, even though he gave Stockton a game he already had.  I bet that was the reason Santa gave Mike and I a DS, so Stockton would be able to use the gift Santa was planning on giving him.  Then he gets a gift he already had.  I wonder how Santa messed that one up.  You think Santa would be smarter than that.  Oh well, Mike and I win.  We can have our own to play with the kids.
 Christmas stockings
Santa was in the lobby when we woke up.  There was a gigantic line to see him!  I wonder what he was asking the kids.  Probably not what they wanted for Christmas….unless he plans a long way ahead!  One of my kids said, “Maybe they are in line to thank Santa.”  Probably.  It was also snowing.  It looked really cool.  I’m not sure what they were using for snow, because nothing was sticking to the ground.

We had a lovely day today.  Mike and I watched ‘Saving Mr. Banks’.  I really liked it.  The kids played in their different areas.  Maysen does not like to go in her area, but she goes with Stockton until they do sticker checks.  Then she has to leave.  She wandered around the ship for a bit.  She was on the top deck right as they blew the horn.  It blasts out the tune for ‘When You Wish Upon a Star’.  Maysen was right next to it.  She said it was LOUD!  I believe her!  I remember when she was a baby.  We were on this same ship and I was holding her right when the horn went off. 

We were at Animators Palate for dinner.  They didn’t do the show like last night, but it was still beautiful.  The food tonight was so good!  Jorja was so happy.  She picked roast beef.  I had an amazing turkey dinner.  YUMMY!
 Yule Log
Ronaldo makes our beds and leaves different towel creations.  He leaves different frogs for Jorja.  So cute.  Their room had a frog and our room had a sting ray.  Every room was left a present.  A box of chocolates, a Disney calendar and a Little Mermaid picture.
Frog for Jorja
 Chocolates
 Jorja
 Preston
 Preston, Maysen, Jorja, Mike
The kids (and Mike) thought it was SO FUNNY that this screen wasn't working.  They laughed and laughed about it.  
We were a little too seasick to hand out Christmas jammies last night.  I love Christmas jammies.  I cheated this year and had Stockton and Preston wear the pants from last year with a new shirt.  I actually ordered different jammies where they all matched, but the pants were so long on Stockton and Preston.  I will have to hem them, and I just didn't have the time to get it done!  I'm going to try and get a picture of the kids in front of the Christmas tree tomorrow.  We'll see how that works.
Jorja, Maysen, Preston, Stockton
 Jorja, Maysen, Preston, Stockton, Stephanie
I know this picture of me kissing Stockton looks like I am in pain.  It might or might not be related to Stockton's fingers trying to gouge out my right eye.  He didn't mind me kissing him at all!
Preston, Stockton, Stephanie

No comments: