Thursday, December 19, 2013

Brett Made It!

It was snowing like crazy today.  I got up early to exercise.  (These four days in a row kill me!)  It wasn't snowing early, but it sure made up for it later on.  I hurried to the store to get some final things for Christmas and our trip.  While I was there I was called by the Room Mom in Preston's class.  She had asked me to help with the class party at 1:30. It was about 12:30 when she called.  She wanted me to come now.  So I did.  I helped her get things ready for the graham cracker trains they were making.  They have had a Polar Express week.  It was pretty easy for me, so that was nice.
Preston's train
While I was at the store I heard a lady say that they had shut down the airport.  NO!  I am supposed to pick up Brett today.  I get one day to see him.  This is it!  Luckily they opened it back up.  Brett's flight was delayed for about an hour.  Then he had to sit for almost another hour after they landed, it was so backed up.  At least he was able to make it. Matt and Sam came over and played games with us.  My dad came up for a bit.  He took Brett back with him to his house.  Bubs was reffing a game in Park City, so he couldn't come.  Although I understand they have plans to play basketball later.  It was a quick trip, but so good to see him!  Jorja kept hugging him the entire time.  Jorja and Preston also liked to chant, "Brett!  Brett!  Brett!"
Brett and Jorja
Mike took Stockton to finish up his last two merit badges.  He had to have interviews to get his blue cards.  I think he got Camping and Citizenship in the Community.  He has all his merit badges he needs now.  Nice to have that done before our trip.  He will need to shop for toys, fill out some paperwork and get some signatures.  I think he's going to make it!

No comments: