Thursday, November 7, 2013

Stockton's Letter to Me

Stockton had his parent-teacher conferences a few days ago.  They were student led conferences.  Stockton had to find assignments to show me and write about why he thought they were good.  He does not enjoy doing that at all!  It makes me laugh though.  Stockton's answers are underlined.  My teacher asked me to include this work because . . . it is the only paper we get in gym.  What aspect of this assignment made it your favorite piece?  There are lots of notes.  I consider this my BEST work because . . . I have a lot of notes.  This assignment demonstrates my problem-solving skills.  Describe the strategies used to work through this problem.  I thought about what to write, then I wrote it.  I am proud of this work because . . . I got a good grade.  My favorite one was the last one.  This work demonstrates my understanding of following directions.  Describe how this assignment shows knowledge of this concept of skill.  Ms. Falk told me to put this paper in the folder, and I did.  Stockton's awesome.

Stockton also had to write a letter to me.  So funny.

Dear Mom,

I would like to take this opportunity to discuss my academic challenges, strengths, and developed problem-solving skills.  This year I have increased my understanding and comprehension of respectful and appropriate behavior.  I am thankful for the time and effort you put in, and my binders and folders that help with structure and organization.  I can't think of anything else that sounds cheesy.

From, Stockton

On a completely unrelated note, I signed Jorja and Preston up for the after-school ski program.  Jorja in snowboarding and Preston in skiing.  Hope they love it!

No comments: