Friday, November 8, 2013

Jiffy Lube

Today was a LONG day!  We started with a 7:00 orthodontist appointment.  We were in and out there and were able to make our 7:30 dentist appointment.  Brilliant that I scheduled them on the same day.  I actually had no idea that I did that until a few days ago.  I called to change the orthodontist appointment and they said that it would be short and to come a few minutes early.  Glad we made it!  Both boys' teeth are great.  Stockton now has yellow elastics instead of orange.
Preston
The dentist (Mike's best friend when he was growing up) told the boys a lot of stories!  Like the time he made a flame thrower using a spray bottle of gasoline and toilet paper.  He chased Eric up the roof with it. Mike would also shoot flaming lincoln logs at him.  Mike also almost blew up his own arms.  I can't remember the details of that story. Preston didn't believe him at all.  He said, "You're lying.  Who would give him permission to use a flame thrower?"  I love how innocent Preston is.  When we were talking to Mike about the stories he just said, "Eric shouldn't be telling you those things."  Nice deflection.

On the way back from the dentist we stopped at Steve and Shannon's house.  Stockton and Preston don't have school today.  Neither did Jacob and Weston.  They were able to play a bit.  Steve stuck a couch piece in the back of our van.  They are giving us their old couch, which is also the same couch Mike grew up with.  We are taking it a piece at a time. 

Our next stop was donuts and then Jiffy Lube.  My stickers expired in October.  The guy at Jiffy Lube was really nice.  He let Stockton and Preston go underground and look at the bottom of the cars.  My pictures didn't turn out very well though.
Stockton and Preston
We were at Jiffy Lube forever!  Well, it seemed like forever.  It mostly seemed like forever because we had been gone all morning and were very tired.  At least I have my new sticker so I don't need to worry about being pulled over anymore.
Preston and Stockton
Jorja was alone most of the morning.  I did not realize we would be gone this long.  She didn't seem to mind though.  Jazzie came over and played for a few hours, so Jorja was thrilled about that.  We watched Lincoln, Ella, Abby and Millie while Bubs and Ange went to the temple and dinner.  I am so glad I never had to raise a baby in this house. There is not a lot of places where a baby can just crawl.  Our Georgia house worked so well when the kids were little.  I also forget how exhausting it is to have little ones.  At least they are adorable!  We had a great time with them.  Preston played outside for a long time with Lincoln, Ella and Abby.  I finally had to force them to come in.  "It is 6:00 at night in November and none of you are wearing jackets.  Time to come in."  I'm glad they had fun!

No comments: