Thursday, November 28, 2013

Golf Carts DO NOT Belong in the Kitchen!

Happy Thanksgiving!  Today was such a great day, with a few bizarre moments squeezed in.  Stockton and Mike went to play family dodgeball.  Our ward has a weird tradition where they play family dodgeball every Thanksgiving morning.  Stockton loves it.  No one wanted to go with him but Mike.  I completely forgot about dodgeball and had started making rolls.  Mike and Stockton went in the golf cart. Later, I was folding laundry in my bedroom when I heard a giant crash. I ran to the hallway and yelled, "What happened?  Is Preston okay?" The other kids were all in the computer room and had no idea what was going on.  We all ran to the kitchen, and there we saw it.  Stockton and Mike sitting in a golf cart with eyes as big as saucers and the windows were completely off their tracks.  I had no idea what to say. I kept thinking, "Oh no, this is bad."  Then it dawned on me that I needed a camera!

First off, I can't believe the windows didn't break.  We just had them replaced earlier this year.  They said they were unbreakable.  I guess we put them to the test!  So, this is what happened.  Mike let Stockton drive the golf cart home.  He even gave him a lecture on safety.  When they were coming into park, the space was really tight.  Mike finished working on the boys room yesterday.  I'll need to get pictures up of that...  Anyway, the saw and some boards were still out.  Mike leaned over and tried to help Stockton steer around the obstacles.  He accidentally crashed into the awning.  Mike kind of panicked and slammed on the break.  Except it wasn't the break, it was the gas.  Mike said it was just like in the movies.  They went super fast up the steps and straight into the kitchen.  He had already backed out before we arrived. Oh my gosh, it makes me giggle just to think about it!  What a crazy Thanksgiving memory.  You know that years and years from now the kids will say, "Do you remember the Thanksgiving where Dad drove the golf cart into the kitchen?"  I love that this happened on Thanksgiving day.  Mike is the best.  Look how far he goes to create awesome memories for the kids.
Mike-I love that I caught this pose on camera. Pretty much says it all.  
We had Thanksgiving dinner over at Scoop and Cori's new house.  They just moved in last week, I think.  The house seems great for them.  It is not too big, but big enough to have everyone over without feeling super cramped.  I only got one decent picture.  Preston who decided to have a little pie with his whipped cream.  I tried to get a good picture of Sherry with her crab, but it didn't turn out.
Preston
We stopped at my dad's on the way home.  We got there about ten minutes before John and Cassie arrived.  John walked into the house and announced, "Cassie's pregnant!"  Then he looked around and said, "Maybe I should have waited for Cassie."  Haha!  When Cassie walked in, he made the same announcement.  We tried to recreate our excitement.  We weren't very good actors.  So excited for them though, although Stockton is really annoyed that there will be no chance of having the baby born on his birthday!
Trevor and Stockton
 Jorja and gross dog Kenny.  Dogs are gross.
 How can she stand touching him.  Gives me the willies.
I don't know what the willies are, but ewwww!  Cute picture though.
 Trevor and Jorja
Glad John and Cassie made it here safely!  Today was a fun, memorable day.  Life is good.

No comments: