Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Girls' Room Day 19

Chelsea was just adorable painting today.  She totally reminded me of Tinkerbell.  She is so sweet and one of the hardest workers I have ever met!  Seriously, she spends all day down in the girls' room.  She  eats breakfast upstairs. Lunch I bring her a Jamba Juice and dinner I bring whatever we are having down to her.  She finishes after I am asleep. Plus, she is always happy.  Chelsea has been such a joy.  Jackson chose well.  That was nice of him to share her with us for so long!
Tinkerbell a.k.a. Chelsea 
 Starting on Jorja's wall.  Jorja is so excited!
 Lots of pictures, but I loved them all.
 How does she do that?
 Whoops.  Cell phone made it in this picture!
 I love this waterfall!
 Chelsea finished the dragon!  Isn't he a wise old thing?  I love it!
 Maysen's corner
 Maysen and Jorja's wall
Tonight we had a Beehive/Deacon activity.  Jacqui was in charge and it was awesome!  She did a Stake Dance Prep.  She had Just Dance on the Wii set up.  She also talked to them about things they should know. Jacqui is super funny, I was cracking up.  She talked to them about taking a shower, using deodorant, not too much perfume or axe spray, keeping a respectable distance.... Jacqui had the kids line up in two lines facing each other.  This was kind of like speed dating.  She had some prompt questions to talk about and gave each prompt a minute to talk before they would switch.  We had seven beehives and twelve deacons.  Boys completely outnumber the girls in our ward!  I played this game in order to make it even.  It was pretty funny.  Especially when I talked to Logan and the prompt was dreams.  He started telling me that he dreamed Isaac was on top of a teddy bear mountain and rescued by a pink flying unicorn.  Isaac was right next to us.  It was so funny!  At the end the deacons asked different beehives to dance.  They had a few minutes until Jeff would say "Switch" into the microphone. Then they were to find a new partner.  Stockton did such a great job!  I was proud of him.  I never thought I would see him willingly dance with a girl!  I asked him if he had a good time at the activity.  He said, "It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be."  I'll take that as a win!
Stockton and Senora
 My best pictures of Stockton are blurry.  He is with Senora here.
 Stockton and Carson - blurry
 Carson and Stockton - not blurry!  But looking too serious.  Oh well.
I am so glad this activity turned out as well as it did.  Jacqui and I have been talking about it forever!  It ended a little weird though.  I guess there was an armed bandit (President Back's words) that the police were looking for.  We had to make sure all the kids were given rides home.  We usually do that anyway, but it made it a little scary. Especially for the twins.  They were pretty nervous.  I assured them over and over that they would be fine, but it wouldn't hurt to have me take them home and lock their door.  I have no idea whatever happened to the 'bandit'.  Hopefully he won't bother us again.

No comments: