Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Gingerbread Houses with Max and Mia

My dad only gets to have Max every other weekend and Wednesdays now.  That has been hard for him.  This month has been weird.  My dad was in Israel on his weekend.  Cathy was in California.  They asked Max's mom if they could change weekends.  She said no.  My dad is supposed to get Max this weekend, but because it is an odd year he will spend Thanksgiving with his mom.  Thanksgiving trumps regularly scheduled weekends.  So, my dad won't get his this weekend or the next. The first weekend in November was the last time my dad was able to have Max for the weekend.

Anyway, my dad was excited to have Max this Wednesday.  Especially when he found out Max didn't have school.  Then he could have him longer.  My dad texted Hunter and asked if he could pick Max up at 9:00.  Hunter texted back and said, "We have Mia, so Thanksgiving weekend starts now."  My dad was so sad!  He was planning on having Max decorate a gingerbread house.  My dad called and asked if we had a house that Mia could decorate.  We did, thanks to Anne being born and keeping her parents in the hospital.  My dad asked if he could take Max and Mia for a few hours to decorate gingerbread houses.  Luckily they agreed.  So, that is why Max and Mia were here decorating houses. I was watching Bubs kids while he and Ange went to a movie.  We had a full house!
Dad and Ella
 Max
 Mia
 Mia and Max
Mike and I went to see Catching Fire tonight.  We were both so tired.  It was nice to have a quick little escape before the craziness of Thanksgiving!

No comments: