Saturday, November 23, 2013

Boys' Room

Mike and Stockton finished putting the wood up on the boys' room today!  They spent most of the day working on it.  It was pretty hard because they were almost out of the stained wood.  Stockton was such a good worker and so happy to have all the wood finally up!  Mike always likes to say that it is more fun to start projects than to finish them. Everything is already figured out, where's the challenge? I don't get it. We are hoping to put some molding around the edges, we have a little bit of work to do around the window, but it looks great!  I am so glad Mike was able to save the wood from his childhood home.  It looks beautiful in the boys' room!
Stockton
 Mike
 Stockton and Mike taking advantage of the bunk beds.
 Yes, Stockton has no coat and is wearing shorts and short sleeves.
No, it is not warm, it is freezing outside!  He is just crazy.
 Mike and Stockton
 Almost finished!  Looking good.
 One last note from Stockton
 Stockton in his finished room!  Yay!
Maysen wanted to go play racquetball today.  Mike and I were both too busy to go.  She talked Stockton into going with her.  Then she took the car and drove them there!  Ahhhh!  That is the first time Maysen has driven without any adult in the vehicle.  Oh man was I scared!  I know she can do it, it is just scary letting go.  Maysen and Stockton seemed to have a great time.  This will open up a whole new world for them. Hopefully they will want to do things like this more often.  I will always be happy when they get home though.

Stockton talked his brother and sisters into buying a new 3DS game. Mario Party Island Tour.  They seemed pretty happy with it.  So cute to see them all in the same room playing with each other.  They have such a great life!  So do I!
Preston and Jorja
 Preston and Stockton's face
I have spent this last week making gingerbread.  My house smells amazing!  I love it!  Mike helped me put together thirteen houses tonight.  Bubs and his family will come over tomorrow.  My dad and our neighbor Audrey will also be there.  Matt and Sam can't make it.  I guess they won't let Sam out of the hospital so she can come.  I have a lot more houses that haven't been assembled yet.  I'm doing this with my Beehives on Tuesday.  This time I wanted my kids to be able to decorate their houses first so they could have the first crack at the candy.  Maysen, Stockton, Jorja and Preston will donate their houses to Festival of Trees this year.  Tomorrow should be fun!
Gingerbread Factory

No comments: