Friday, November 22, 2013

Anne Marie

I got a text from Matt at 11:37 this morning that said, "We're in the hospital waiting for Anne to come out."  Yay!  Sam was due on Sunday, so she is five days late.  Not fun.  The next text I got from Matt was at 1:28 pm and said, "Anne Marie was born at Utah Valley Regional Medical Center today at 12:05 p.m.  She weighs 6 pounds and 4.8 ounces and is 19 inches long."  My first thought was, "Wow!  She is small for being five days overdue."  My second thought was, "She sure came fast!"  Having a few fast babies myself, I didn't think much about it.

I took Stockton to diving after school and then we went straight to the hospital so we could meet Anne. Jorja wanted to come so bad!  She was sick yesterday, so there was no way I was letting her come.  She said, "Fine, but the next baby I get to come!"  Depends on your health little girl.  Stockton loves babies, so he was thrilled to come with me - even though it was a long drive to the hospital.  We weren't sure where to go when we got there, but right as we walked in the door Matt was there to meet us.  Actually Matt was looking for dinner, but was nice enough to put it off until after our visit.  Anne is beautiful!  She was wide awake when we got there, looking around with gorgeous big eyes.  Love her so much!  She is so light and tiny.  Just precious.

Apparently Sam had a C-section, which is why Anne's birth was so fast. Sam's water broke while she was at work.  They got to the hospital and said it took forever to get Sam hooked up to the monitors.  When she was finally hooked up, they noticed that Anne's heartbeat was way too low.  She was in distress.  Matt said, "All of a sudden everything was a rush.  There was time to put down the Dr. Pepper."  You have to imagine that being said in a Matt voice.  Made me laugh.  Turns out Sam's placenta had ruptured.  They think that happened when her water broke.  Matt said they were told they made it there with only minutes to spare.  I'm not sure what that exactly means, but it sounds pretty scary to me.  Anne was in the ICU for about five hours.  She had swallowed blood so she was having a hard time breathing.  Luckily everyone is okay.  Anne's okay, Sam's okay.  I'm so thankful for modern technology!  So glad these two precious girls are safe.

Sam did not want Anne to be born anywhere from November 22-28. She didn't want to have Anne share a birthday with Thanksgiving. Matt and I thought Thanksgiving would be a great holiday to have a birthday on. It would only happen every seven years (or something like that) - then she could get extra presents!  Anne was born today, obviously, November 22.  She will share her fifth birthday with Thanksgiving, that won't happen again until she is 17.  Not bad.  Leap year is to thank for that!
Anne Marie and Stockton   
 He loves her!
 Look at that smile.
 Those eyes!
I took Matt to Sonic to get him something to eat.  I got Stockton an ice cream cone and he wouldn't share with me!  Good thing I snitched a lick before I handed it back to him!  Stockton fell asleep on the way home.  Too bad he finished his ice cream first.

No comments: