Sunday, October 20, 2013

Preston's Talk

Preston gave a talk in church today.  I meant to help him get it ready this week, but time just slipped away from me.  This morning I asked him if he would help me write it, but he was not interested.  Stockton came to my rescue and said he would help Preston.  This is what they came up with.

My name is Preston Smith, and my talk is on how I will share the gospel with all of God's children.  There are many ways we can share the gospel.  One of the best ways to start is by being a good example. All you have to do is be nice to people.  Our family invited our neighbor, Audrey, to church one week.  She has started to come to church more often.  I am glad I can share the gospel with others, and I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Preston did great.  He spoke clearly and everyone could understand him.  After church Mike told me about the first version of Preston's talk. It went like this.

My name is Preston Smith and my talk is on helping others.  My brother helped me by writing this talk. The end.

Preston didn't like that version very much.

No comments: