Thursday, October 10, 2013

Maysen's 16

Wow!  I can't believe it.  My little baby girl has been with us for 16 years now.  16 awesome years.  This girl helped heal my broken heart. Although I missed my mom so much when Maysen was born.  I wanted to give Maysen to her.  Her first grandchild.  Instead, she gave Maysen to me.  She told me she would pick me out some good ones. (Children) She sure did.  Maysen has been an incredible blessing in my life.  I adore everything about her.  She is so funny, sweet and kind.  She is precious.  I ache for her when she is hurting.  I want to give her the world.  She deserves it.  I wish I had been blessed with the gift of words like Maysen has.  Instead I just stumble along and try to explain how important she is to me . . . but fail miserably.  I love her.

Anyway, I had a busy, busy day.  I know Maysen would have preferred her birthday to be on a day off of school, but it was not to be.  I did meet her for lunch with some food from Sonic; and she didn't have to go to gym class.  Small things.
Maysen first thing in the morning.  16 years!!! 
 I loved Google today.  So cool!
 My girl
Maysen wanted crepes for dinner.  We then had presents and cake. Maysen wanted to play games.  We started playing Settlers of Catan, but realized it would take forever.  And sometimes Stockton is annoying during games.  He doesn't like them.  Especially when he doesn't understand them - and doesn't want to understand them.  We put up the game and started playing Stop Thief.  Steve got this game at DI a long time ago.  Mike convinced him to give the game to us instead of selling it on e-bay.  Mike used to play it when he was younger and loved it.  The kids all enjoy it as well.  It was a good choice.
Maysen
 Love those eyes!  M&M eyes.
Stockton was SO excited to give his gift to Maysen.  It was a candy corn.
Stockton
 Maysen - she is a good sport.
 Preston & Maysen - and her candy corn
 Maysen, Shiver & Preston
 We gave her a school blanket
 Preston
 Maysen's main present was a computer.  Preston loved the box.
 This is the cake Maysen asked for.  I was a little disappointed,
but with all our apple mess it was nice to have something easy.
After the three younger kids were tucked into bed, Maysen took Mike and I driving.  We went to Cold Stone and let her pick out a pint of ice cream to take home.  Great way to end the day.
Maysen with ice cream & car keys!
Maysen still doesn't like driving, but she is a lot more comfortable with it now.  We have about eight more hours of driving with her until we can take her to get her license!  Wow!  My little girl is growing up!

No comments: