Thursday, October 24, 2013

Girls' Room Day 7

Man!  Today was busy!  Mike and I started off really early at our exercise class.  It is our last really hard class.  Mike had a tough time.  He didn't get to sleep (work stuff) until 3, and then we got up at 5.  The class was brutal for him today.  After I got the kids where they needed to be I spent quite a bit of time cleaning the bathrooms.  Usually the kids do this every Saturday, but with Jorja's birthday coming up I decided to get it done now.  It was a great plan.  The only problem with it was I somehow hurt my back while I was cleaning the tubs.  No idea how I did that, but boy does it hurt!  Especially if I need to go downstairs.

I taught Preston's computer class today.  It is really hard for his Chinese teacher to do this with the kids, so now I do this with another mom. Only the other mom couldn't make it today, so it was all me.  It wasn't too bad and the time went fast.  I was grateful for that!

When Preston's class was over, I checked both Jorja and Preston out of school.  Then we went to their reflections assembly.  A little backwards, I know.  I didn't want them to have to go back to their rooms and gather up their things after the assembly.  Preston entered a picture he drew of himself and Shiver.  He called it, "Shiver on a Sunny Day".
Preston
Jorja made a balloon animal frog family.  Obviously the balloons didn't make it this long, but there were pictures of her balloons.
Jorja
We picked up Maysen and Stockton as soon as the assembly was over and headed down to the City Hall.  I wanted to get new passports for the kids.  Theirs expired back in June.  I was hoping to get the forms filled out before we got there, but I ran out of time.  I told the kids it would take longer than I wanted it to because I needed to fill out the forms, but I cleaned all the bathrooms for them - so they should be willing to wait. They did pretty good, but it was time for Stockton to go to diving as soon as we got back.  He was not happy about that!  I was not happy that he was not happy.  Once we were back from diving I had a few minutes to scarf down dinner before heading out to my stake YW meeting.  Man!  I'm tired!

Chelsea has been working non-stop in the girls' room.  It looks amazing!  I love it!  Chelsea doesn't like the dragon scales.  She said it looks like a robot dragon and that isn't what she is going for.  I think the dragon looks fantastic.  
Jorja's frog also got a stick to stand on.  I left the window in the picture so it is easier to get an idea of how big the frog is.  So cool!

No comments: