Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Devastated

I received an e-mail from Stockton's principal telling me he was unable to sign up the school up for the spelling bee because there was no sponsor.  I filled out a form for information on the Scripps site.  They wrote back and said that The Valley Journal is no longer able to sponsor the bee.  As a result no one in the Salt Lake Area will be able to compete.  What?  This is Stockton's last year of eligibility.  He was also excited because Vismaya is now in 9th grade.  She has won the regional bee the last three years.  She placed FIFTH in the national bee.  She is seriously awesome.  She is so nice, and I found her parents to be extremely kind as well.  They talked to us after Vismaya won a couple years ago.  I immediately liked them.  We had so much fun cheering for Vismaya last year.  Anyway, Stockton knew this was his best chance of ever being able to go to the bee.  Now he doesn't even get to try.  So sad.

No comments: