Monday, October 21, 2013

Armour of God

Wow!  It is sure beautiful!  When Jorja came home from school I asked her where Preston was.  She said he was playing outside.  He looked so cute playing in all the yellow leaves.  I ran to find a camera only to have him come inside.  When he found out I was looking for a camera, he ran outside and waited for me.  Haha!  His other siblings would never do that!  He wanted me to cover him in leaves, but I just didn't have time for that kind of fun.
Preston
Shortly after the above picture was taken, I took the boys to get their hair cut.  Then I took them pants shopping.  Their kind of day!  While we were shopping for pants I was reminded many times of why I hate shopping and why I doubly hate shopping with kids.  We did survive though, so that was good.  Stockton was so excited when I pulled into Chick-Fil-A and ordered a party platter for dinner.  We sure ate healthy tonight!

Stockton had an assembly tonight at his middle school for Red Ribbon week.  He agreed not to do drugs so he could skip the boring assembly.  

After dinner we had Family Home Evening.  Preston had the lesson. He had Mike's help and did such a cute job!  His lesson was based on Ephesians 6:13-17.  Here is Preston with his full armour of God.  His loins girt about with truth, the breastplate of righteousness, feet shod with preparation of the gospel of peace., shield of faith, helmet of salvation and the sword of the spirit.
Preston and his whole armour of God.
Preston absolutely loved it.  Especially when we were throwing the fiery darts of the wicked at him.  He is pretty good with that sword of the spirit.

We then went swimming for the last time of the season.  It was so much fun!  Everyone swam today, even Maysen.  I did too.  I was a little worried it would be too cold, but once you got in it was fine.  My toes stung for awhile since the outside was so cold and the water was so warm.  We played and played.  We had different contests and played several games of categories.  It was such a perfect night.

We finished off the night with Jorja's Family Home Evening treat. Apple nachos.  Delicious!
I love days like today.  I love my family.  I love how much my kids love each other.  It was seriously a perfect evening.

No comments: