Friday, September 6, 2013

Thousands of Flags

Mike was up early this morning fixing something with the pool.  It should be done soon!  I hope we will get to swim in it a few times this summer!
Mike
Mike called me and asked if I would find the main pool guy out back.  I needed to give him a check for $5,000 before they would start to put the liner in.  I told him I was excited that it was almost finished but that I was really disappointed that my brother who came from Ohio didn't get to swim in it with his family.  Never in my wildest dreams did I think it would take this long.  He apologized and said, "I wish I didn't take this project.  Your project has put me behind on my other pools.  I had no idea how much work would need to be done.  As you can see, I've had my workers here for the past few days putting me behind on my other work."  I'm thinking, "You have got to be kidding me!  This has been more expensive and taken a lot longer than we agreed upon.  It has taken longer because you would only send your workers for a couple of hours a week!  The other pools that you are behind on because of us were all scheduled AFTER you met with us!"  Whatever.  I was nice though because they still had to put in the $5,000 liner.  I am SO GLAD Mike got the fence for Malone up.  He would have ruined this in two seconds flat.  He was always running down to the bottom of the pool to drink whatever rain water had collected there.  I can just imagine his paws on that liner.  What would we have done then?
 The wrinkles are supposed to be gone as the pool fills with water.
There was a police officer that was killed on Sunday.  Some idiot shot him while he was in his car.  This officer was about my brother Matt's age, I think.  He went to the same high school Mike and I did.  Maysen now goes there.  He was also Ashley's (one of my beehives) DARE officer.  It is extremely sad.  His funeral is today.  They are holding it at the Maverick Center and he will be buried in the cemetery by my house. There are thousands of flags lining the route to the cemetery.  I waited for about thirty minutes for the motorcade.  My dad called and asked if I had Matt's Dominion games.  I had several in my car and some at my house.  Matt wanted to take them to Idaho.  (They are going there for a baptism in Sam's family.)  So, I left my spot and dropped off the games I had at my dad's house.  As I was leaving the school called and said that Jorja had missed the bus.  I told them I would get there as soon as I could, but I might get stopped by the motorcade.  I didn't, thank heavens!  Jorja was upset because she couldn't find her lunchbox.  We found it and hurried home.  As I pulled in the driveway I got a phone call from HOME.  It was Preston calling me asking if I remembered it was short day.  I am so glad we have taught him how he can get inside if we are not there!
Maysen was about a half an hour late getting home.  I started to get worried.  I was pretty sure her bus was stopped by the motorcade, but a few days ago she missed the bus when the bell didn't ring in her last class.  I didn't know if that had happened.  I decided to drive and see if I could find her.  I could not believe how many police officers were at the cemetery.  There were hundreds of police cars.  I have never seen anything like it.  My friend watched the motorcade with her children. They watched for an hour and a half.  They had to leave, but they still couldn't see the end of the police.  Seriously it is indescribable.
Anyway, as I was driving I saw two buses drive by.  Neither was Maysen's bus number.  I tried to go around the block to see if Maysen was on it anyway.  Big mistake.  The street was all blocked off.  I ended up being forced a different way, so I decided to drive to the high school. Right as I got there I received a call from home saying Maysen was home.  Maysen said they were stopped on a hill for thirty minutes.  She was on the bus with the different number, her bus had broken down yesterday.

Jorja and Preston had fun looking at the pool in the back.  We need to leave the water running until there is about an inch of water in the shallow end.  That should happen some time tomorrow.  Then we wait until they come back on Monday (hopefully!) so they can cut the stairs out.
Preston and Jorja
Jorja and Preston had a stake primary activity today.  It was at the stake center, which is right next to the cemetery.  The entire parking lot was filled with police cars.  They were just leaving as we arrived.  I had Jorja take a picture.  It is hard to see, but it says, "Stockton police".
Stockton Police Car
Mike and I picked up the kids after their Pirate Primary activity and then headed to the gym.  We signed up for a class called Body by Banks.  Our friend from high school has done the class and loves it.  I thought, "What the heck, I'm almost 40, this class will be good for us."  I didn't realize that the class starts tomorrow until the lady told us to come for weigh-ins at 5:30 in the morning!  Oh boy.  Mike and I have our anniversary on Sunday.  We decided if we were going to get weighed in, we might as well go out to dinner tonight instead of tomorrow!  I asked the kids if they would take our picture.  They did.  Then Stockton grabbed the camera and made me get my picture taken over and over. He was pretending I was going to the first day of school.  He was laughing so hard as he kept telling me what to do.  He amused himself for close to twenty minutes when Mike grabbed the phone away from him.
Mike and Stephanie
 Sitting down
 Sideways
 Hold up 8 fingers because your anniversary is on the 8th!
 Now hold up two fingers because it is in two days.
 Face the back and look at me.
 Now a picture with Preston.
 Wave!
 High five.
 Silly faces.
Stockton is a crack up.  Mike and I ended up going to dinner at the Salt Lake Burger Factory.  I think that is the correct name.  I had never been there before.  I had the bacon hamburger.  It has bacon inside the hamburger.  Pretty delicious.  My favorite was the sweet potato fries. Yum!  Yum!  Yum!  I think I have had these kind of fries before, but there is no way they were as good as the ones I had tonight.

Mike was teasing me about not wearing make-up very often.  (I did wear it tonight.)  He said that he is at work all day with girls all dressed up, and then he comes home to me.  Haha!  That sounds so mean, but it really wasn't.  We were laughing and joking and it was not mean at all. I said, "You knew I rarely wore make-up when you married me."  Mike pointed out that every time we were on a date I always wore make-up.  I said, "No problem.  I will always wear make-up when you take me out on a date."  Haha!  He had to laugh at that one!

No comments: