Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Our Pool is Back!

I know it is almost the middle of September and about time to shut the pool down, but I am so glad it is finally done!  I never thought we wouldn't be able to use the pool for most of the summer.  So glad it is back and I hope we don't have to do that again for a L-O-N-G time!  My yard has definitely taken a turn for the worst.  It was too hard to keep looking nice with all the random traffic.  Mike says next summer will be the year of the yard.
Jorja and Preston
 Jorja
 Jorja and Preston
 Jorja
 Preston
 Preston and Jorja
 Mike rigged up something to fill the pool pretty fast.
 The kids loved it!
I'm a little disappointed that the wrinkles are still there.  Hopefully they will magically go away.  Mike talked to the pool guy and he said that the vacuum must not have been sealed properly.  When we are ready to close the pool he wants us to drain it and let him vacuum it again and then he will pay to fill it up.  I doubt he will remember that conversation.  It seems that he forgets things all the time!

On a completely unrelated note, but still awesome . . . Stockton and Josh (the two 8th graders in the accelerated math program) earned the highest scores on their last test.  Haha!  That makes me laugh.  I guess the teacher told everyone that the two highest scores were earned by the 8th graders.  Nice.  Makes me feel like I made the right decision.  I knew academically that is where he needed to be.  I'm glad Stockton is able to work hard and prove it.  Stockton really is an excellent student.


No comments: