Tuesday, September 10, 2013

My Dad is 70!

Wow my dad is getting old!  He turned 70 today.  I took him to Zupas for lunch.  He loves the lobster bisque.  When the kids got home from school I brought them over for a quick visit.
Stockton, Dad, Stephanie, Jorja, Maysen and Preston playing with Kenny
 Stockton, Dad, Stephanie, Maysen
Preston & Kenny, Jorja
I got the coolest video of my dad bouncing the kids on the tramp.  I took it on Instagram.  It said 'processing' forever, then it just disappeared. Too bad because it was really cute.
Dad, Stockton, Jorja, Preston
 Stockton doing a backflip
Our pool is finally finished!  Now we can start filling it!  I know the pool guy told Mike and I that he would replace our steps, but then he told Mike he never said that.  Whatever, just glad it is finally done. I do hope the wrinkles magically disappear.  I have a hard time believing that they will.  The kids had fun running around while to pool was filling, even though it was so cold!  It is really slippery too.  They had a blast!
Preston, Jorja, Stockton
 Stockton, Preston, Jorja
 Braving the deep end
 Preston slipped, then he had fun swimming in his clothes.
 Stockton
 Preston and Jorja
 Stockton
 Preston
 Stockton
 Preston and Jorja
Now we will have to concentrate on getting our yard back.  It has pretty much gone to pieces during this whole ordeal.  Actually, we are hoping on concentrating on that next year.

We had a Multi-Stake activity for the youth today.  Of course the beehives and deacons weren't invited.  I was told they were, but when I saw the poster I saw that it had been changed.  I asked the Stake YW president why the beehives never get to come to stake activities.  She said, "We let them come to stake girls camp."  What?  I thought that was the craziest reply.  One time she told me they were too young to be with the boys.  I pointed out that we have combined activities once a month.  Then she said, maybe they are too young to be with a lot of boys.  I then pointed out that the Stake Primary had an activity last week where everyone was invited.  For some reason it is just the age of 12 & 13 that they can't go to Stake combined activities.  I don't understand it. Then come to find out, the beehives really were invited!  Ashley's friend asked her to come.  Ashley said she was too young, and how come she was going.  The girl's dad called the guy in charge of the entire thing and said, "Yes, the 12 & 13 year olds are invited."  I don't know why we were told they couldn't come.  By the time I found out I felt it was too late to change the plans.

I do try to do a fun activity with the deacons when this happens. President Back (the scoutmaster) invited us over to his house for a swim party.  The kids had a great time!  President Back is the best leader ever! He was out there on the diving board in his scout shirt and jeans.  The kids would come run at him, trying to knock him down.  He would throw the kids everywhere.  They loved it!  He ended up losing his balance and falling in.  So funny!
President Back on the board
 Now in the pool
 President Back playing Bunkers Hill again
 Brother Masters ended up getting in as well.
 Look at this view!  Incredible.  What a fun night!

No comments: