Tuesday, September 3, 2013

IT'S NOT OUR DOG!

Malone was over again today.  Mike was tired of it.  He just opened our gate and let him roam free.  Oh boy did he cause havoc!  Later Mike told me as he was driving away he saw a lady walking two dogs that was completely tangled in the leashes.  Malone had her dogs going crazy. When Preston left for school he was happy as could be.  A few seconds later a hear him screaming.  Malone had seen him and was barreling towards him.  Malone has been constantly knocking Preston down.  He is not mean at all, but just really friendly (especially in the morning) and HUGE!

My doorbell rang a little before nine.  I answered it to see one of my neighbors that I don't know well at all.  He asked me if I had a dog.  I told him no but that one always jumps our fence.  He pointed and asked if that was the one.  He then told several other adults that it wasn't our dog.  Everyone thinks that it is because they have seen me walking Malone several times.  Little do they know that I keep walking him back to his house!  I couldn't talk to him long because Maysen was walking up the grass shortly after he came over.  I was glad I was here though so they would know that we are not responsible for Malone.

I had Maysen take the bus today.  The first time ever taking the bus to school by herself.  I have driven her to school almost every day for what, eleven years?  She has taken the bus to school on three different occasions.  Once in Georgia she begged me to let her take the super early bus.  Once on the first day of school with Stockton, and the first day of school this year.  Each case Stockton or I walked with her.  I decided on late start days she should take the bus to school.  The bus leaves the same time I do, then I wouldn't have to make so many trips. (Maysen and Stockton have late start on different days which can be quite annoying.)  Anyway, Maysen came walking up the lawn as I was talking to the neighbors.  I asked her if she missed the bus.  She said, "No, the bus never came."  Really?  When we got to the end of the street we could see no one at her bus stop.  I thought the bus must have come right after Maysen left.  It didn't.  A few streets down there were about four kids.  I rolled down my window and asked Emily if she was still waiting for the bus.  They were.  I had all the kids pile in my car.  Emily told the others, "Don't worry, I know her from church."  We arrived at school about five minutes after the bell had rung.  I walked in with Maysen and headed to the attendance office.  Lots of kids from Maysen's bus were there.  I couldn't believe that the bus really did not show up.  The first time I ever have her take it in the morning and it wasn't there.  Great.

After the bus fiasco I headed down to my dad's house.  John and I were just setting up a Dominion game when Cassie called.  She was getting her hair cut at the beauty school where Brittany is going.  On Tuesdays it is 'buy one get one free'.  She wanted me to come and get a free haircut.  So I did.  I do enjoy free.
Stephanie (Brittany is on the phone in the background)   
I came home and played John two games of Dominion.  I won both by 16 points.  It was awesome.  Cassie and I then went up to Orem and saw Sam.  Cassie wanted to see where Sam lived.  So cute to see the crib in their apartment!  I dropped Cassie off at a restaurant where she was meeting John and my dad.  I went straight to Young Womens.  We made temple time capsules.  Inside the girls put pictures of their future wedding dress and wedding ring.  They filled out sheets about their wedding day.  (Temple, reception place, colors, food....)  They also filled out papers about what they would like their groom to be like and what they would like to be like.  They had a paper on their future family where they could put baby names they would like.  Once everything was done, they sealed it in canning jars.  The plan is to open it with their fiancé when they are engaged.  The girls seemed to enjoy the activity and everyone let me read and discuss what they were writing.  Everyone except Maysen.  She wouldn't let me look at anything and was mad that I looked at a few things.  I don't know why she doesn't like to tell me anything anymore.  Why will girls I barely know talk to me but my own daughter won't?  Sad.
Senora and Sephora  
Mike spent the day putting up a dog fence.  He didn't have enough materials for the entire fence, but he did what he could.  He focuses on the area where Malone repeatedly jumps over.  Let's hope this solves the problem!  Becky told me that Malone terrorized them all day today.  I don't want him in my backyard anymore for several reasons.  One reason being I saw him poop in our yard on Sunday!  Then we noticed tons of poop everywhere.  My dad cleaned it up for me.  I don't want to clean up dog poo!  I have enough things I need to clean up, I don't want to clean up that!

As Mike was working on the fence his owner came out and started calling for him.  Then he saw Mike and asked him if he had seen his dog.  Mike said, "He's out running the neighborhood, that is why I'm building this fence."  The boys friends just laughed at him.  (I think the boy is in his early twenties.)  Anyway, the fence is not pretty, but I don't think they could get mad at us for doing it.  Maybe we can get some vines to crawl up there so we could block them out.  They have parties all the time.  It has been nicknamed, "The Party House".  Sometimes after parties we have beer cans in our yard.  Once there was even a dead rat.
Not the prettiest fence, but hopefully it will do the job.

No comments: