Saturday, September 7, 2013

How'd We Get in This Mess?

Mike and I woke up bright and early to make it to the first day of our new fitness class.  Weigh-ins started at 5:30.  We got there a little after that.  It was crazy!  So crowded.  First we had to sign papers.  One of them was a release saying they could use pictures they take of us in promotional materials.  I didn't think much about it when I signed it. Then we had to wait in a line that seemed to take forever.  While we were waiting, Mike and I were looking through the packet they gave us. There were meal plans in there.  Oh man!  I didn't know we were going to have to eat healthy too!  The lady by us said, "It's not a big deal.  Just eat lean chicken and fish and cut out dairy and sugar."  But I don't want to cut out dairy and sugar!  Anyway, once we made it to the front of the line we were taken behind a privacy curtain.  There they wanted us to take off our shirt so they could take before pictures.  I was able to just lift up my shirt because I didn't have a sports bra on.  While the pictures are being taken I was thinking, "So, about that release I just signed....." We were then sent to another long line to wait in.  They measured our hips, and did a BMI test.  They also measured our height where I found out I am an inch taller than I thought!  Yay!  I am 5'1.5".  We were weighed as well.  A camera guy would circle you while the height and weight were being done.  Man, it seems like they take this serious!

Finally it was time to start the Body by Banks class.  Michael Banks gathered everyone together to the center of the room and said that this class was a big deal to him.  He was going to make an infomercial out of this class.  Oh boy.  There are tons of people in the class, so hopefully no one notices me making a fool out of myself.  We have to send in weekly videos about our progress.  What a crazy thing to sign up for!

The class was so hard!  Mike and I are out of shape, so it was a killer. We came home and slept for quite awhile.  This is going to be a long 45 days.  

No comments: