Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Timpanogos

We hiked to Timpanogos Cave today.  I haven't done that since I was little!  It was a great hike.  Maysen was awesome!  She was always with the first group of hikers.  I was so proud of her.  It was a long hike up, but the entire way is paved, so that makes it a ton easier.
Stephanie and Maysen at the bottom - obviously
 Maysen
 Maysen and Stephanie
 Maysen, Carson, Nicole, Chloe, Lindsay, Paige,
Zoe, Regan, Rachael, Sarah, Whitney, Lauren
 Regan
The camp shirts for our ward were awesome.  It is just a simple shirt with a silhouette of a bear in a canoe.  That is a joke from last year, when I spent forever paddling in a bear costume.  Apparently it was the funniest thing people had ever seen.  When Maysen saw the shirts she said, "Are you proud Mom?"  I thought about it for a bit.  I guess I am. Rarely do I do anything funny.  Especially funny enough that people are still talking about it a year later and want to put it on shirts.  The girls loved the shirts.  They turned out so cute!  I wish I would have worn mine this day, but I decided to change into it after the hike.....
Chloe, Regan, Lindsay, Ashley, Nicole, Carson
 Maysen
 Maysen and Stephanie
Diana Heward got the bear duties this year.  She was waiting for the girls about halfway down the mountain after the cave tour.  I wish I would have recorded her scaring Camee.  She screamed so loud and jumped so high.  The best was she knew Diana was waiting to scare her!  She just thought it would be all the way at the bottom.
The Bear
 Zoe, Camee, Kelsee, Bear (Diana), Ashley, Athena
 Katie, Carson, Bear, Maysen, Nicole, Riley
Each ward was assigned a "Secret Sister" ward.  We filled our package with all things bear related.  Teddy grahams, gummy bears, chocolate covered cinnamon bears . . .  Analise dressed up as the bear this time and delivered the basket.
Gift bear
 Seriously my favorite camp picture.  Isn't Analise gorgeous?
We have had two girls move from our ward into the ward we delivered the basket to.  Eden and Katie. Eden just moved at the beginning of the year, so she was with us when the bear started hanging around. Analise and Eden were good friends, so she hunted around the camp until she found her.
The bear and Eden
 Katie left our ward a few years ago, but we still wanted to say hello.
 Bear Hug!  Analise Bear and Eden
 The Bear and Eden
Our Bishop being attacked by the bear.
 Bishop Lundgren and Analise Bear

No comments: