Sunday, August 18, 2013

Number 66

Today would have been my mom's 66th birthday.  That is how old Mike's mom was when she died.  It would have been amazing to have her these additional seventeen years, but I would still have been heartbroken if she died now.  Guess you always want your mom. Anyway, Jorja made cake batter rice krispie treats to celebrate.  We stopped by her grave on our way to a fireside.
Stephanie
I had in my mind a cute picture of us by her grave.  It didn't work that way.  This is the best we got.
Stockton, Jorja, Stephanie, Maysen, Preston
I was thinking we could get an above shot of just our heads around my mom's grave.  I don't know how to explain it, which is why Mike could not figure out what I was talking about.  Anyway, we ended up looking like a bunch of dead bodies . . . at a graveyard . . . oh well.
Preston, Maysen, Stephanie, Jorja, Stockton
The fireside we went to was great.  Elder Rasband spoke.  He has lived in this stake for thirty plus years and is now moving to Salt Lake.  Mike and I actually went to school with his daughter.  Elder Evans was there as well.  They were talking about the missionary program.  Something like 70,000 missionaries now with 30% being sister missionaries.  I think I got the numbers right, but I don't want to take the time to double check.

Mike, Matt and Bubs worked on the pool shed while I was gone.  This is what they got done.  It is a lot bigger than I thought it would be.  Should be awesome.

No comments: