Saturday, August 17, 2013

Jackson's Wedding

My dad and I left around 7:00 this morning.  It was nice that we didn't need to leave super early and we still had plenty of time to visit with Grandma and Grandpa before the wedding.  My dad drove the entire way and didn't fall asleep once!

Chelsea looked so beautiful, but I didn't get a picture.  Yep, I'm smart like that.  I did get a picture of my dad and I in front of the temple.  If I e-mail it to Megan Bradley she will give me cookies.  One thing I quickly learned when I moved here was, you always want cookies from Megan!
Stephanie and Dad
On the way back from the temple we drove by Grandma and Grandpa Parry's old house.  This is the house I remember.  My grandparents moved here when my mom was in 4th grade I think.  They moved out after Sue died but before my mom died.  So many fantastic memories I have of this place!  My grandparents are seriously the best ever!
Grandma & Grandpa's Maplewood House  
I love this pine tree in the front yard.  My dad remembers when he was taller than it!  Grandma told me Uncle John used to jump over it.  I can't even imagine that!
The weather was so warm today.  Perfect for an outdoor wedding.  The place was beautiful.  My dad took a lot of pictures, I got one of the cake that Debie made.
I was so happy to spend time with Brooke.  We rarely get to see each other anymore.  We didn't get much time, but it was at least something! I had a lot of fun talking to her daughter, Miranda.  What a crack up!  I wish I could remember everything she told me because she sure had me giggling.  I do remember that she isn't going to start school for a LONG time!  (She will start Kindergarten in a few weeks.)  I would love to see Marie and Miranda play together!  Brett, maybe you should come home so we can make that happen!
Miranda and Stephanie
Miranda took charge of my phone and LOVED taking pictures.  The following pictures will be Jackson and Chelsea's reception from Miranda's point of view.
Brooke and Timberlyn
 Brooke
 Paul and Kalli
 Jana walking with Riley
 Scott
 Ron and Brooke
 Stephanie
 Kaydra
 Leonard
 My dad
On a side note, don't all the fabric in the air remind you of dementors? Happy dementors.  They made me smile.  How fun!

My dad and I left the reception a little after 8.  I drove the entire way home.  My dad would definitely fall asleep on the way back!  We got home a little after midnight.  I'm tired now, but it was worth it!  I love, love, love, love, love living so close to family!

No comments: