Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Getting Lights

Preston came home with his first Chinese work.  I think it is so adorable!  He was practicing writing the numbers one through five. Five is his favorite.  I keep trying to say the number one, but I fail miserable and he keeps correcting me.  I love it!
Preston's first Chinese work
In other random news, Mike doesn't believe people.  Haha!  We have been working with the pool guy for forever now.  We were hoping to get a light under the diving board, we could see where there had been a light at one time.  There was also a light in the shallow end.  After working on our pool we were told that we couldn't have a light.  The something had collapsed or was too thin or blah, blah, blah. Whatever. Anyway, on Mike's way home from work he stopped at Home Depot and bought some 100 foot hollow wire threading tool. Who knows, he loves buying tools.  Anyway, Mike rigged up something where I could hang under the diving board.  (Dropping down there was a bit scary, my legs swung all the way up on the other side of the diving board!  I managed to get down there without hurting myself - which is saying a lot because I am very good at hurting myself!)  Well, it took us about five minutes to get the thing threaded through.  Which means that they will be able to get the wires through, which means we will get a light in our pool!  Too bad we didn't try this before they worked on our wall yesterday.  I wonder if we could have gotten that to work too?  Mike sent the pool guy a text with the pictures of where the wires came out.  He said, "I bought this at Home Depot, took about five minutes to thread it through, now can I have my light?"  The guy called Mike back so fast! He was pretty embarrassed - but he should be!  He said his guys told him it couldn't be done and he believed them.  Mike said he is tempted to give them a bill charging them for double price of the tool.  Turns out they had to rent a jackhammer for the day.  Our cost is double the renting cost.  Don't worry, other pool guys triple the cost.  Meanwhile I'm thinking, "What kind of a pool guy doesn't have his own jackhammer?"  Plus, if they would have let us know, we could have rented it.  Then we wouldn't have had to pay for the guys to drive down there and rent it as well.  I guess that way they wouldn't make as much money.  Ridiculous!

Well, long story short . . . Mike is awesome.  I'm glad he knows enough to know the workers were wrong.  We are really going to enjoy our light!  That is, if this pool ever gets finished!
Stephanie
 Jorja clowning around

No comments: