Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Drivers Ed is Over!

Malone was back this morning.  Jorja and Preston really wanted me to walk to the bus stop with him.  As we got there a girl came up to us and said, "Malone!  That's my dog!"  I told her she must be our backyard neighbor and that I would take the dog to her house.  When I got to Malone's house, his owner answered the door.  She was dressed up for work and pretty embarrassed.  She said she didn't know what to do and that maybe they would need to give Malone away.  I felt bad about that. I told her that it usually isn't a big deal, but we might have workers out in our yard.  She said she would put Malone in his kennel.  I know she asked her son to do it, he is 18 and goes to school at the U.  Anyway, as I was walking away I heard him tell his mom he would be late for school.  I walked back to my house and as I was walking up my driveway, what do I see?  MALONE!  He was back in our yard looking at me like he wanted me to take him on a walk.  I couldn't believe it! Whatever.  I decided I would go inside and not deal with him.  Really, what was I to do?

Maysen stayed after school today to do another road drive.  She had two road drives to finish from her summer school drivers ed.  After she finished the canyon portion, her instructor asked her if she would like to take her drivers test.  She did and she PASSED!  Yay!  Now, all she has to do is complete her 40 hours of driving with us and wait until she turns 16.  My niece, Erica, told me that if you take Drivers Ed at the school they will give you the tests and you won't have to take another one at the license place.  I didn't believe her.  She insisted it was true. Well, it looks like Erica is right.  That is great news for Maysen. Maysen is thrilled to be done!  Mike and I are so glad she is finished. Maysen has no desire to get a drivers license.  This was our idea.  Even if she never drives anywhere, I want her to have a license.  I also don't want her to be embarrassed later in life that she doesn't have a drivers license.  Even though it wasn't fun to take the class in the summer, I am glad she did it.  If not, she would be taking it now; and then Careers. Maysen would hate it.

No comments: