Monday, August 12, 2013

Camping at Lagoon

We are very happy with the campsite we were assigned.  We had number 100 and Bubs 101.  It is the very first one in the campsite.  Right next to the bathrooms (and icecream shop).  It also is very far away from the petting zoo!  That was the most important perk!  Especially for Mike.
Stockton, Jorja, Abby
I should have gotten a better picture of the cushions Rachel made for us. She did awesome and we love them!  Thanks Rachel!

Anyway, onto Lagoon.  We were able to get there right when Lagoon opened, obviously.  After hitting Dinosaur Drop we headed to Pioneer Village.  Mike wanted to ride Rattlesnake Rapids before the lines got too long.  The boys were smart and wore their swimsuits.  I didn't realize we would be going to the water rides first thing, so the girls and I were just in our clothes.  At least we had ponchos, but swimsuits would have been better.  I rode the first time, and then waited with Ange.  The others went on the ride so many times!  Over and over again!
Millie
 Lincoln, Preston, Stockton
Mike, Bubs, Abby, Jorja, Ella
 Mike, Lincoln, Preston, Stockton
Bubs, Ella, Jorja, Abby
 Waterfall!
 I love this picture.  Stockton is adorable.
Ella is in the blue poncho, Jorja the white and Abby the grey.
 Hitting the waterfall - again
 Just the kids.  Jorja was tired of hiding, so she is without a poncho.
Lincoln, Preston
Stockton, Ella, Jorja
 Uh-oh Jorja!  Maybe that wasn't such a good idea.
 Jorja got hit dead center.
Jorja was so cold!  So, after going on Rattlesnake Rapids over and over again, she changed into her swimsuit.  At least her swimsuit had shorts, so it was no big deal.  Although her tennis shoes were a little soggy!
Amelia!
I talked Stockton into riding the Dishwasher (a.k.a. Cliffhanger - but the Dishwasher is a much better name!) with me.  He LOVED it!  I tried to get Maysen to go on it, but I couldn't talk her into it.  We went back to the camp for dinner.  I had to beg the kids to go back to Lagoon with me.  They said they were Lagooned out.  How is that possible?  Mike and I were joking as we were walking back.  "My mom and dad are so mean!  They make me go to Lagoon!"  We were able to hit several rides, but the Spider closed before we got there.  Jorja was hoping to ride that one over and over.  Too bad we didn't make it.
Stockton and Mike on the Dishwasher

No comments: